Monsters Inc alive and testing.

PKD

Original Poster
Anyone get to see the testing yet?!?!

Monsters, Inc. comedy act gives material a test

Christopher Boyd and Scott Powers | Sentinel Staff Writers
Posted November 20, 2006

Visitors to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom might find themselves walking in on a new Monsters, Inc. comedy act being rehearsed in Tomorrowland by Walt Disney Imagineering.

The new attraction, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club, is supposed to open in mid- to late January but is far enough along that Disney is occasionally "test playing" its routines before audiences over the next few weeks.

The new attraction is taking the place of the old Timekeeper experience in a pavilion shared with the Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin ride. Disney has remodeled the room as a 400-seat theater.

The new show, based on Pixar's 2001 animated movie Monsters, Inc., uses technology that was first tried at Disney World at the Turtle Talk with Crush show at Epcot to create an interactive dialogue between the audience and projected animated characters from the movie, led by Mike Wazowski, the one-eyed hero.

In the attraction's story line, Mike, having realized in the movie that laughter is many times more powerful than screams as a power source, has opened the comedy club to collect laughs that will generate power for the future.

Disney still has not announced an opening date for the show, but officials last week confirmed the play tests mostly with visitors who are invited in. Currently, the attraction is not marked with signs.

TheDisneyMagic

Thanks for the update, its good to hear that work is coming along nice and fast.

Hopefully when I am there next month I might be able to get in to a preview.
:)

Shaman

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Since we're on the subject...how big will the queue be for this attraction?

PKD

Original Poster
Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Since we're on the subject...how big will the queue be for this attraction?

My understanding is that the queue will be the same setup as before, with just minor changes, and re-themed.

Magicot

hope it opens sooner than the 27th, we are going Jan. 06-20, so that would be great!!! (especially since SPM is closed :cry: )
Well, there's always soft openings to look foward to. The SeaswNaF was officially supposed to open in late October but people were riding it on Oct 16th. Finding Nemo: The Musical doesn't officially open until January but people are getting into the show as we speak (type). I wouldn't worry about it. I start my CP on Jan 6th, hope to see you down there!:wave:

Magic Freak

Well, there's always soft openings to look foward to. The SeaswNaF was officially supposed to open in late October but people were riding it on Oct 16th. Finding Nemo: The Musical doesn't officially open until January but people are getting into the show as we speak (type). I wouldn't worry about it. I start my CP on Jan 6th, hope to see you down there!:wave:

Awesome, I start my CP on the 17th of Jan.!! Can't wait to see all the new stuff that opened...I went in Aug. but three new things have opened since then!:sohappy:

Matpez

The monorail spiel now mentions it as coming in January, and give a description of the attraction. (Nothing new there)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom