News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Marc Davis Fan

American rock stars are thought of as superstars and Hollywood is the land of superstars.

Most people who visit that area have no clue they are from Boston. It’s more about them being stars that fit along with the glitz and glamor.
The attraction also takes place in LA/Hollywood: you're in an LA/Hollywood recording studio, and then take a limo through LA/Hollywood to a concert in another part of LA/Hollywood.

They used to take the locations of attractions seriously.

Moth

It was considered in the past, yes. Who knows now. I think parking it in DHS is still the top contender. Definitely the fan favorite at the moment but what fans what and what Disney wants are two very different things. Could you imagine Zootopia in the Land Pavilion? Crazy to think.
I can fully picture Nick and Judy narrating the boat ride with two AAs at the end. That's not a stretch with the connection Judy has to farming in-film.

It's a stretch but not as much of a stretch as 'McQueen in Frontierland'.

Purduevian

I think the top grossing franchises that Disney owns, but isn't currently using in the parks are:
  • Ice Age (6.42 billion)
  • The Simpsons (4.9 billion) [Don't have the rights at the moment]
  • Inside out (2.61 billion)
  • The Incredibles (2.37 billion)
  • Planet of the Apes (2.27 billion)
Zootopia is ~$1 billion, but with a sequel on the way, it will probably jump into this list.

Tha Realest

I think the top grossing franchises that Disney owns, but isn't currently using in the parks are:
  • Ice Age (6.42 billion)
Zootopia is ~$1 billion, but with a sequel on the way, it will probably jump into this list.
Alien has made $1.3bn WW

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
  • Ice Age (6.42 billion)
Alien: $1.5B
Deadpool: $2.8B
101 Dalmatians franchise: $1.4B
The Jungle Book $1.4B

nickys

Premium Member
  • Ice Age (6.42 billion)

Alien: $1.5B
Deadpool: $2.8B
101 Dalmatians franchise: $1.4B
The Jungle Book $1.4B
Deadpool has current meet & greets at DLP and Disneyland.

The Jungle Book did have a presence at AK.
Alien also at DHS.

Incredibles and Inside Out characters have been meeting guests for years now.

bmr1591

• Ice Age (6.42 billion)
Don't show Disney this. Ice Age will takeover Everest.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sorry meant at WDW. I didn't list all the avengers stuff because they don't have the rights to it at WDW. I think that includes deadpool due to his association with fantastic 4
Deadpool isn't restricted to F4. He's had his own comic book runs.

But like the Netflix heroes, are too Rated-R to be used for permanent attractions.

Purduevian

Deadpool isn't restricted to F4. He's had his own comic book runs.

But like the Netflix heroes, are too Rated-R to be used for permanent attractions.
Sorry I meant X-men not F4. I don't know the ins and outs of that universal contract other than some properties are known not be able for use at WDW, but there are quite a few gray area ones (like deadpool) that are closely associated with things found at UOR, but are not explicitly there.

Disstevefan1

neverDerail copy.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom