Monorails

Loretta

Original Poster
Hello to all! This is my first post so hope I'm in the right board.
My husband and I have been to WDW 8 times and have never taken the time to ride the monorails. We're going again in October and we are determined to ride them this time. We have two questions. First, which loop gives you the longest ride and second, if we want to go around Future World in Epcot, do we start at TTC or right there at Epcot?
Also, I have read so many times on the forum about Live 365. What is Live 365?

Thanks for your time!

crazygirley

Originally posted by Loretta
Hello to all! This is my first post so hope I'm in the right board.
My husband and I have been to WDW 8 times and have never taken the time to ride the monorails. We're going again in October and we are determined to ride them this time. We have two questions. First, which loop gives you the longest ride and second, if we want to go around Future World in Epcot, do we start at TTC or right there at Epcot?
Also, I have read so many times on the forum about Live 365. What is Live 365?

Thanks for your time!
Hello Loretta and welcome to the boards!

The longest trip I have ever taken on the Monorail was from the TTC to Epcot, which does go through Future World. It's also the least confusing. I also believe that you can take a Monorail from MK to the TTC, which would make for an even longer ride. I am not certian, but I swear I remember doing this.

SewIn2Disney

Welcome to the boards!:wave:

First of all, youve been 8 times and NEVER went on the monorail? What are you smoking?:lookaroun Sorry, had to get that out of me.

The monorail is awesome!

The TTC to Epcot is the longest, and also the one you want to take if you want to go around future world because it loops around before heading to the station to drop you off.

There are three loops:
TTC to Epcot (and back)
The Resort Loop (Stops at TTC, Poly, GF, MK, and Contemp)
And MK Express (from TTC to MK and back)

They run for (I think) 1hr after closing, so I usually ride them around for a while after the parks close (after the inital rush has gone out) It's sooo nice.

And I don't know what Live 365 is, sorry

I hope I anwsered what u were looking for.

Have a great trip!

cloudboy

There are esentially two loops for the monorail. There is a double track loop around the Seven Seas Lagoon. The inside track stops at the Contemporary, TTC, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and the Magic Kingdom. The exress one simply goes from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom. If you park at the Magic Kingdom, you will most likely end up taking the monorail from the TTC.

The other loop runs from the TTC, around future world, to Epcot. Usually, when I do the monorail it is because I am going from the MK to Epcot or vice-versa. Get on the monorail at MK, at the TTC you have to get off and walk down around to the ramp for the Epcot monorail. Then take that to the Epcot station.

The monorail circles Epcot on the way to the Epcot station.

Foolish Mortal

Hi Loretta, welcome aboard. Hope I explain this right. Live365.com is like having a radio in your computer. It's frequently discussed here since their are many stations that specialize in Disney programming. Pull up live365.com, search for Disney stations, sit back and enjoy. If you deicde to join (which you DONT have to) you get the programming without commercials. Just occasional station ID's. Lettuce (haha)know if you need help.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hey Loretta! Welcome! At the TTA, as is said above, follow the signs `Monorail to Epcot`. And when you get to the platform, ask a CM to ride in the cockpit. You may have to wait for the next train, and keep your group to less than 4, but you should get a perfect view from next to the pilot! Also try this from the TTA to the Magic Kingdom - its awesome as you rise up over the water bridge and enter the Contemporary!

BG Rugger

Welcome to the boards:wave: Yes, the TTC - Epcot is the longest route but each loop gives you views of different things, so if you have time you might wanna kick things up a notch **BAM!*

Bliff

Hey Loretta - while you're there, please stand clear of the doors.

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!

What am I talking about? :confused: It's one of those things you'll hear over and over, and either get really sick of it :hammer: , or like me, try to imitate it every time!

TURKEY

Originally posted by marni1971
Hey Loretta! Welcome! At the TTA, as is said above, follow the signs `Monorail to Epcot`. And when you get to the platform, ask a CM to ride in the cockpit. You may have to wait for the next train, and keep your group to less than 4, but you should get a perfect view from next to the pilot! Also try this from the TTA to the Magic Kingdom - its awesome as you rise up over the water bridge and enter the Contemporary!

YAY!!!!

The TTA got extended to go to Epcot. :lol: :lol:

I think I'm going to go out right now and just ride the monorail.

Loretta

Original Poster
Originally posted by Foolish Mortal
Hi Loretta, welcome aboard. Hope I explain this right. Live365.com is like having a radio in your computer. It's frequently discussed here since their are many stations that specialize in Disney programming. Pull up live365.com, search for Disney stations, sit back and enjoy. If you deicde to join (which you DONT have to) you get the programming without commercials. Just occasional station ID's. Lettuce (haha)know if you need help.

Thanks for all the information and tips. We're going to ride them all. And thanks Foolish Mortal, I'm going to try Live 365.com tomorrow.

Foolish Mortal

Thanks for all the information and tips. We're going to ride them all. And thanks Foolish Mortal, I'm going to try Live 365.com tomorrow.

Couple quick tips for ya since you'll be a 1st time user. On the right side is a box with 3 drop down menu choice's. Set browse to: other, then set: or search to: Disney, and set the bottom one to: Live365 stations.

Loretta

Original Poster
Originally posted by Foolish Mortal
Couple quick tips for ya since you'll be a 1st time user. On the right side is a box with 3 drop down menu choice's. Set browse to: other, then set: or search to: Disney, and set the bottom one to: Live365 stations.

Thanks Foolish Mortal, will give it a try as soon as I get back from taking my walk.

phlydude

Originally posted by Bliff
Hey Loretta - while you're there, please stand clear of the doors.

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!

What am I talking about? :confused: It's one of those things you'll hear over and over, and either get really sick of it :hammer: , or like me, try to imitate it every time!

HEEHEEEHEEEE! My wife, my brother-in-law and myself find ourselves imitating this all the time on the Monorail. You should see the looks we get!:hammer: I even bought the TTC set for the monorail so that I could have this sound at home!!!!

You also hear "Please watch your headnstep..." What's a headnstep?

:lol:

Loretta

Original Poster
Originally posted by phlydude
HEEHEEEHEEEE! My wife, my brother-in-law and myself find ourselves imitating this all the time on the Monorail. You should see the looks we get!:hammer: I even bought the TTC set for the monorail so that I could have this sound at home!!!!

You also hear "Please watch your headnstep..." What's a headnstep?

:lol:

Good Morning All. We can't wait now to ride the monorails. After what you all have told us we wonder what in the world took us so long.
Foolish Mortal...thanks to you I found Live 365.com. I think Sorcerer Radio would be my choice but I can't get the sound. I'm new to this computer thing (way new) so my nephew is coming over this weekend to help me out. Thanks again everyone for your help.

1disneydood

Greetings. I love live365. Sorcerer Radio is a good choice. So is Park Hopper Radio and Radio Buena Vista. With those three, there's nothing you won't hear. Park music, ride audio, resort radio ads, soundtracks etc. Hope you enjoy. :)

Foolish Mortal

Good Morning All. We can't wait now to ride the monorails. After what you all have told us we wonder what in the world took us so long.
Foolish Mortal...thanks to you I found Live 365.com. I think Sorcerer Radio would be my choice but I can't get the sound. I'm new to this computer thing (way new) so my nephew is coming over this weekend to help me out. Thanks again everyone for your help.

Happy to help :wave: . It's very addicting. Great to come home and turn it on and escape mentally after a rough day. I have about 9 or 10 preset. And Sorcerer1 is my favorite. Did I say that already ? I do miss Florida Project Radio (shut down 4/24) since they had a few things I have'nt heard anywhere else yet. Good luck getting the audio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom