Monorails

lilmizpixie3

Original Poster
Do you think Disney would ever take the time or effort to invest in a new group of monorails? The current ones are getting kind of run down and smell like a cow farm haha. :shrug: Just a thought

They are kinda beginning to add railings and gutting the middles maybe they're on to something. It does smell pretty bad but thats thousands of sweaty tired bodies going in and out of the monorails everyday...

Jose Eber

Give it 5 years.

You'd think they'd invest in some Febreeze or something.

Good news is, carpet is slowly being taken out (maybe that's where the 'stank' stays in?) with the refurbed trains (see lime).

Did Knee

Whew! I was starting to think I was the only person on earth that thought the monorails had a bad odor! I never saw that mentioned here before. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the monorails, and besides, the odor does have an advantage. If your industrially stacked Pecos Bill burger wasn't quite digesting properly and "something" happened on the monorail, nobody would notice :lookaroun :hurl: :hammer: :D

WDW Monorail

I happen to like the smell. It is the aroma of being on a WDW Monorail:).

As for new trains, the M VIs have about 5-7 more years in them. They were built for about 22 years of service.

Kingdom WDW

Never noticed the scent, maybe just the over-airconditioning.

Then again, while handling thousands and thousands of passengers both young and old everyday you don't exactly expect it to smell like a new car.

erasure fan1

Yea it would be nice to get rid of the smell But I dont think we will get new monorails. Unless the new monorail expansion with new hotel being added to the rail happens.:lookaroun

I would think that updating the current monorails to newer ones (while expensive) would ultimately be beneficial. Better technologies, better more streamlined air systems, and of course clean. Although, I haven't looked into what's currently going on in the world of monorails, so there may be more to a decision like that than what I know....

And to be honest, I've never really noticed the smells. But then I usually am not paying attention. :lol:

Lets all take a bottle of Febreeze on the Monorail and spray on the way to the Kingdom and then when it arrives leave it there with a note that says "Spray on freshness lovers! Spray on!" Sounds good to me! :)

cloudboy

It's the glue from the carpets along the ends of the cars. I guess I am the only one who kind of liked the smell, then?

Please, no air fresheners - those make me sick!

On that note, many transit systems I know of have subway cars from the first half of last century. Our bus system has buses twice Disney's monorail's age, so why do the Disney monorails age so poorley?

lilmizpixie3

Original Poster
It's the glue from the carpets along the ends of the cars. I guess I am the only one who kind of liked the smell, then?

Please, no air fresheners - those make me sick!

On that note, many transit systems I know of have subway cars from the first half of last century. Our bus system has buses twice Disney's monorail's age, so why do the Disney monorails age so poorley?
Maybe they dont really take care of the monorails? They just park them next to a barn and leave them :ROFLOL::animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom