Monorail voice narration on busses

LongLiveTheKing

The WL loop is one of my favorites, hate to see these kinds of things go. I really detest the monorail narration, it was so nice before with a guided tour explaining about the resorts as you passed and the wilderness lodge etc etc....now? nothing. now stopping at the polynesian. and thats it. Disney continues to strip the little things that made the place magical. same goes for the people mover narration but thats a diff topic. Anyway always loved the MK fanfare too, I dont see why this had to go.
I don't even understand what Disney has to gain from removing this stuff. The entire resort experience is based on you feeling like the place is magical and if it doesn't feel as much that way, you're less likely to come back and/or spend money.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
And a voiceover proves this?
They're not stupid, they use those voices for a reason, to evoke a feeling of excitement. So to replace them for whatever reason, (contract up, general change..) and not find a voice that produces a similar feeling, in my opinion just means they don't have their finger on the pulse of what makes WDW special to us. So yes, a VO kind of proves it.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Why doesn't Disney use any female VO on transportation?
I used to think Mary Hart's IllumiNations announcements were amazing until the male announcer took over and completely knocked it out of the (park)! I purposely record his 30, 15, 10 and 5 minute announcements and try to capture the one announcing the show during the late afternoon ("EPCOT invites you to join us for IllumiNations Reflections of Earth, a worldwide celebration of unity and discovery..) His announcements send chills up any nighttime spectacular fan's neck!

Smiley/OCD

They do for some announcements around the parks, including Fantasmic pre show.

Female voices don't tend to carry as far as male voices, so it's possible that they use males because of the noisy environment.
So basically you're saying what my wife always says...men have BIGGER mouths than women!!! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom