Monorail update

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

MerlinTheGoat

Woah slow down there cowboy! We don't want them to strain themselves and exceed expectations.
Cleaning the beams would just be meeting expectations (should have been done a long time ago, should be easy and cheap)... Exceeding expectations would be something like a new fleet, which is arguably still just meeting expectations considering how long overdue and desperately needed it is. Exceeding expectations would actually be something like a line expansion to more parks/resorts (which probably won't ever happen).

Anyways I wonder if they actually performed extra cosmetic cleanups for Coral. Cleaning and repairing dirty/damaged surfaces, repairing and cleaning the air conditioning lines (many of the monorails have a nasty odor due to this), etc.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Good heavens I wasn't aware that people had such a deep connection with a colored stripe on the side of a train. Especially, like I stated just above they could have taken any one of the trains and painted that on the side. But, OK, if it means that much to y'all. I'm so sorry if I hurt feelings. I'll remember in the future that people have a connection to it. Yes, I know it has been out of service for a year, because I have read the posts, however, I have never once looked at the trains to see what color the stripe was because they all went to the same places regardless of the color. One is no more important then the other and honestly I never noticed the different colors until it was brought up by people on the boards. I never could figure out what difference it made. I've heard it mattered, but, no one has given me a good reason why. I realize that one was out because of an accident. Why aren't we letting people know each time a bus breaks down and is out of service for a few months. Because, it doesn't matter, that's why. Wasn't that the one that ran into the back of the tow vehicle? Anyway, if people want to get all upset about my opinion of the situation then so be it. I cannot help that. But, really some of the responses were over the top. Oh, well... what every keeps one's ship afloat.

mouse_luv

She's been out for at least a week or two. I was so happy to see online that she was back. I know they were doing test runs since the beginning of Nov with her and she got a whole new paint job and looks all sparkly and snazzy.

Also, for the poster above yapping about chartruese. There actually is one and they call it monorail lime. Just sayin'. :)

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Cleaning the beams would just be meeting expectations (should have been done a long time ago, should be easy and cheap)... Exceeding expectations would be something like a new fleet, which is arguably still just meeting expectations considering how long overdue and desperately needed it is. Exceeding expectations would actually be something like a line expansion to more parks/resorts (which probably won't ever happen).

Anyways I wonder if they actually performed extra cosmetic cleanups for Coral. Cleaning and repairing dirty/damaged surfaces, repairing and cleaning the air conditioning lines (many of the monorails have a nasty odor due to this), etc.

The optimist in me wants you to be right, the realist in me says not a chance. Behold my low expectations.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
She's been out for at least a week or two. I was so happy to see online that she was back. I know they were doing test runs since the beginning of Nov with her and she got a whole new paint job and looks all sparkly and snazzy.

Also, for the poster above yapping about chartruese. There actually is one and they call it monorail lime. Just sayin'. :)

Be a good addition to food and wine. Souvenir cups and all.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
If I ever got to the point of not caring about which monorail trains are on the beam at any given time, I would instruct my family to get me checked out asap :joyfull:

I once sat on my MK view balcony at the Contemporary until 3am, watching them take the trains off the system and position them for the next morning's operations. Now granted I may have had a few adult beverages that evening, but nonetheless it was still a lot of fun just following a flashing light in the distance and knowing which train it was as they were shutting down for the evening.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If I ever got to the point of not caring about which monorail trains are on the beam at any given time, I would instruct my family to get me checked out asap :joyfull:

I once sat on my MK view balcony at the Contemporary until 3am, watching them take the trains off the system and position them for the next morning's operations. Now granted I may have had a few adult beverages that evening, but nonetheless it was still a lot of fun just following a flashing light in the distance and knowing which train it was as they were shutting down for the evening.

LOL I've done the same at BLT.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Good heavens I wasn't aware that people had such a deep connection with a colored stripe on the side of a train. Especially, like I stated just above they could have taken any one of the trains and painted that on the side. But, OK, if it means that much to y'all. I'm so sorry if I hurt feelings. I'll remember in the future that people have a connection to it. Yes, I know it has been out of service for a year, because I have read the posts, however, I have never once looked at the trains to see what color the stripe was because they all went to the same places regardless of the color. One is no more important then the other and honestly I never noticed the different colors until it was brought up by people on the boards. I never could figure out what difference it made. I've heard it mattered, but, no one has given me a good reason why. I realize that one was out because of an accident. Why aren't we letting people know each time a bus breaks down and is out of service for a few months. Because, it doesn't matter, that's why. Wasn't that the one that ran into the back of the tow vehicle? Anyway, if people want to get all upset about my opinion of the situation then so be it. I cannot help that. But, really some of the responses were over the top. Oh, well... what every keeps one's ship afloat.

You seem to be very confused about the monorail system.

People are not obsessed with a colored stripe. People are interested about the monorail system operations.

The color stripe happens to be the unique identifier for each train on the system. In this case, we are interested in the fact that the monorail known as Coral is back in service. There is a lot of history to each of the trains, and the color system makes that possible to follow.

With your point about bus transportation, there are over 400 busses at WDW, and they are obviously very common place throughout the world. WDW's monorail system is an iconic mode of transportation, with only a handful of trains in operation. That is the difference.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The monorail fleet is much smaller then the bus fleet, so the operational status of even one train can have a big impact on guest experience.

Goofyernmost

You seem to be very confused about the monorail system.

People are not obsessed with a colored stripe. People are interested about the monorail system operations.

The color stripe happens to be the unique identifier for each train on the system. In this case, we are interested in the fact that the monorail known as Coral is back in service. There is a lot of history to each of the trains, and the color system makes that possible to follow.

With your point about bus transportation, there are over 400 busses at WDW, and they are obviously very common place throughout the world. WDW's monorail system is an iconic mode of transportation, with only a handful of trains in operation. That is the difference.
That wasn't really my point. I know that is how they were identified. And for many that is important. For me it is not. It is a monorail train to me. The color of the stripe has absolutely no significance anymore then the numbers on the buses. I never noticed the colors before I read about it on the boards. I didn't care then and I don't care now other then being upset that we cannot have a particular color because that was the color of the stripe on the train for the 4th of July tragedy as if the color had anything whatsoever to do with it.

I am sorry if I upset a lot of people by my expressing what little significance it has to me. Yes, I understand that it was brought back after a lengthy absence, but, to be honest if the headline read, Damaged Monorail returns to service, it would have actually made a more significant impact ON ME as mentioning a color. What color are the wrapped ones, underneath I mean, and does it matter really? Let's say you know... what earth shattering thing does it signify? That is all I am saying. I love the monorails as much as everyone else... I just don't worship them and that was my point. I'm also sorry that people cannot take a small amount of differing opinions without getting all offended. As an old friend of mine used to say, "you go to your church, I'll go to mine". I know it probably came across as my putting people down because of it, but, that was never my intention. It was to express, without doubt, that I PERSONALLY, cannot and don't feel that way about it. To me it is a Utility/Attraction. One that after all these years to still be in like new condition when if we thought about it, they have millions of miles on them and it is total wonderment to me how come the same people cannot accept the realities of time and usage. Even new things will break and actually are more likely too. The constant talk about lack of maintenance is almost hilarious. Does anyone really think that those "machines" would still be a dependable as they are after all these years without constant and thorough repair and upkeep. In my opinion, we just all need to get a grip on some of the stuff that happens there. We are sometimes expecting somethings that just are not attainable. Just because we like to believe in the "magic" doesn't mean that it exists in a parallel universe where daisy's grow in mid-air. WDW is located right smack dab on planet earth and there is nothing that alters the laws of probability. It simply amasses me just how many think that because it's Disney none of that stuff applies.

But, enough of that. If people think that I am a tottering old fool for my way of thinking, then so be it. I wasn't even planning on coming back on this thread, as was so nicely suggested to me, but, I have to much respect for you to not at least attempt to explain my opinion. However, I do not want to be part of this discussion any longer so I will stay away.

DisneyOutsider

That wasn't really my point. I know that is how they were identified. And for many that is important. For me it is not. It is a monorail train to me. The color of the stripe has absolutely no significance anymore then the numbers on the buses. I never noticed the colors before I read about it on the boards. I didn't care then and I don't care now other then being upset that we cannot have a particular color because that was the color of the stripe on the train for the 4th of July tragedy as if the color had anything whatsoever to do with it.

I am sorry if I upset a lot of people by my expressing what little significance it has to me. Yes, I understand that it was brought back after a lengthy absence, but, to be honest if the headline read, Damaged Monorail returns to service, it would have actually made a more significant impact ON ME as mentioning a color. What color are the wrapped ones, underneath I mean, and does it matter really? Let's say you know... what earth shattering thing does it signify? That is all I am saying. I love the monorails as much as everyone else... I just don't worship them and that was my point. I'm also sorry that people cannot take a small amount of differing opinions without getting all offended. As an old friend of mine used to say, "you go to your church, I'll go to mine". I know it probably came across as my putting people down because of it, but, that was never my intention. It was to express, without doubt, that I PERSONALLY, cannot and don't feel that way about it. To me it is a Utility/Attraction. One that after all these years to still be in like new condition when if we thought about it, they have millions of miles on them and it is total wonderment to me how come the same people cannot accept the realities of time and usage. Even new things will break and actually are more likely too. The constant talk about lack of maintenance is almost hilarious. Does anyone really think that those "machines" would still be a dependable as they are after all these years without constant and thorough repair and upkeep. In my opinion, we just all need to get a grip on some of the stuff that happens there. We are sometimes expecting somethings that just are not attainable. Just because we like to believe in the "magic" doesn't mean that it exists in a parallel universe where daisy's grow in mid-air. WDW is located right smack dab on planet earth and there is nothing that alters the laws of probability. It simply amasses me just how many think that because it's Disney none of that stuff applies.

But, enough of that. If people think that I am a tottering old fool for my way of thinking, then so be it. I wasn't even planning on coming back on this thread, as was so nicely suggested to me, but, I have to much respect for you to not at least attempt to explain my opinion. However, I do not want to be part of this discussion any longer so I will stay away.

Okay dude.. whatever.. you don't care about specific monorail trains. We get it.

Maybe stop and think that you're basically just taking a steaming pile on everyone else's interests/hobbies, for no other reason than you don't get it. That's no reason to be condescending to the rest of us and say that we "worship" them.

You're being a jerk.

mouse_luv

Lets see--what do I do if I could care less about info being given in some threads? I read then don't post to said thread and move on with my jolly life. I don't come on here and act rude and talk down others interests.
For some I guess that's too hard of a concept to grasp though. :rolleyes:

Okay, back to talking monorails with my other fellow enthusiasts. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom