Monorail Tile Pictures

TimeTrip

Original Poster
It had been mentioned on another thread that monorail yellow had been tiled. Here are some quick pix:

monotile1.jpg

monotile2.jpg

It did seem to have a grip and didn't appear that it would be slippery on a wet day.

Epcot82Guy

I don't really like the tile. However, it's not a big deal, and I'm sure they have strong reasons why the switch was made (assuming clean up and maintenance).

Magicot

I kinda like it. The carpeting before was nice but this new flooring/tiling seems alot sleeker and modern for WDW monorails in the 21st century. I may be looking into this a little too much, but for me this is an upgrade!:cool:

ballewclan

I like it alot. Looks alot more modern and new. I just wish the whole monorail got some sort of new update...yeah i know sorry guys but i just dont like the whole look of the monorail...:veryconfu

MonoRon

Good its about time that they changed from carpet to tile. You would be amazed at what you would find on the floor. All the stains on the carpet that just wouldnt come out. It's bad show.

TTATraveler

Tile looks good. I don't think it is such a big deal to switch from carpet to tile. It should be much easier to maintain in the long run, so long as it doesn't become a nightmare when it rains.

TheDisneyMagic

ballewclan said:
I like it alot. Looks alot more modern and new. I just wish the whole monorail got some sort of new update...yeah i know sorry guys but i just dont like the whole look of the monorail...:veryconfu
Really, that is one of my biggest reasons for liking the monorail, it's look, I just think it looks so streamlines and futuristic even to this day, what of it's look do you not like?

Thanks for the pictures Time Trip

BwanaBob

All the more reason to market and sell the 'monorail smell'!
:lol:
Now that the carpet is going away... they will most surely inherit a new smell.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
jddjcfc said:
Really, that is one of my biggest reasons for liking the monorail, it's look, I just think it looks so streamlines and futuristic even to this day, what of it's look do you not like?

Thanks for the pictures Time Trip

The inside kinda looks like an 80's epcot style. Personally that is the only thing I would change

Epcot82Guy

lol. I feel like it looks like a city bus now... so have to disagree about it being Epcot-ish. However, the maintenance should be MUCH higher now, so I'll take the change.

I think the tile (are u sure it's not Linoleum?) looks great. The overall feel seems to be futuristic, it's more sanitary, and it probobly smells a whole lot better than smelly carpet.

Tom

Beta Return
Laufschneller65 said:
I think the tile (are u sure it's not Linoleum?) looks great. The overall feel seems to be futuristic, it's more sanitary, and it probobly smells a whole lot better than smelly carpet.

Yeah, in those photos it looks like either a Sheet Vinyl material (commonly referred to as Linoleum, but a much better product in the commercial world), or some poured "rubber" material with a non-slip texture (note how it follows the contours on the floor to the right of the door). I don't think tile would hold up, and the seams would separate over time with all the water being tracked in.

I'm sure they did this because carpet became a cleaning nightmare, what with water and dirt and grime being tracked in all day. Looks nice though.

TimeTrip

Original Poster
edwardtc said:
Yeah, in those photos it looks like either a Sheet Vinyl material (commonly referred to as Linoleum, but a much better product in the commercial world), or some poured "rubber" material with a non-slip texture (note how it follows the contours on the floor to the right of the door). I don't think tile would hold up, and the seams would separate over time with all the water being tracked in.

I'm sure they did this because carpet became a cleaning nightmare, what with water and dirt and grime being tracked in all day. Looks nice though.
Yeh, its probably not tile, it was really hard to find seams.. or grout for that matter.

BRER STITCH

COOL PICS!

But the big question still remians....

Does the newly tiled monorail still smell like WET COWS????

:lookaroun :wave: :lol:

Tom

Beta Return
BalooChicago said:
Could be rubber flooring... we have it at work and it holds up pretty well (and is a sheet good)

We install sheet vinyl in healthcare applications a lot (mainly because the Board of Health requires seamless floors in ORs, etc). It feels and looks like a "rubber" material, but is in fact, a vinyl. Yeah, getting technical!

It will hold up to LOTS of traffic, resists water and other natural elements well, and if it's installed properly, water won't get in the seams and cause it to curl, warp or de-laminate. AND, it's the easiest flooring to clean aside from bare concrete :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom