Monorail Testing

mandelbrot

So true. September is always the hottest month in OC. Always.

Whatever you do TDA, don't spend a few extra bucks for AC in the trains. That will only make the guests schmucks think you respect them.
They would have to rebuild the entire beamway and replace all the trains to add A/C. It'll never happen.

el_super

Original Poster
Has anyone heard anything recent about the monorail? Visiting in early November with a monorail-obsessed 5 year old ...

They've been testing at least one Monorail throughout the day. It's not uncommon to see it while driving by. Word on the street though is that they've been having issues keeping them running and of course they have to retrain their Cast Members. No official word (just yet!) but I don't think November is impossible.

truecoat

They've been testing at least one Monorail throughout the day. It's not uncommon to see it while driving by. Word on the street though is that they've been having issues keeping them running and of course they have to retrain their Cast Members. No official word (just yet!) but I don't think November is impossible.

Scanning through your message I thought it said "keeping them running off course". Lol, how would that happen?

Stevek

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

mickEblu

Monorail can’t come fast enough! Can’t wait for it to cut down 1/3 of my walk to the park! Lol

Not but seriously it would be a welcome sight. I may even do a loop. Which is something I haven’t done in a very long time.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

The monorail is my hack for circumventing Walt's horrid prohibition. Starting to stress because a kid behind you in line for the Matterhorn has been crying incessantly for 40 minutes? No worries, just hop on the Monorail and grab a grapefruit sculpin at Ballast Point. Hop right back on once you've got a buzz going, and resume your fun at Disneyland.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Honk, Honk! Exciting news, Disneyland fans. The “highway in the sky” is back! Beginning tomorrow – Friday, Oct. 15 – you will once again be able to ride the classic Disneyland Monorail, as it officially returns to its daily operation as a part of phased reopening of the Disneyland Resort."

TP2000

I kinda wish they took the time to peel the Mickey wraps off the Monorails. They look super weird.

I was just going to ask if those were left over from pre-Covid? They look odd to me.

Disneyland's current generation of monorails look so stylish and classy as designed, you really don't need to add stick-on crap to them. It cheapens the look.

I'm only reminded of the guy who comes to my house every October to look for termites in the attic, and he's a grown man who shows up driving this...

truly_nolen_bug.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom