Monorail system to operate on new timetable to accommodate automation work

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Am I reading this correctly? Guests at monorail resorts will not be able to ride the monorail to Epcot before 9 AM? So if you're staying at one of those resorts and going for rope drop you'll (presumably) have to ride a bus?

rob0519

Glad we took a DCL cruise this year instead of our usual summer stay at the CR. Hope the implementation goes well.

rob0519

Am I reading this correctly? Guests at monorail resorts will not be able to ride the monorail to Epcot before 9 AM? So if you're staying at one of those resorts and going for rope drop you'll (presumably) have to ride a bus?
Or take a taxi or drive, if you have a car. That's what it looks like.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Bus or boat

JasonDeyoung

Man, glad I keep staying off the monorails this year what a pain lol then again, guess it really isn't a huge ordeal unless you're trying to get to a rope drop. That is kinda interesting though about the Epcot line

rob0519

The question was how to get to Epcot from a monorail resort.
The reply was bus OR boat. I don't think that can be done. Bus AND boat sure, but boat alone?

hokielutz

interesting to add in automation to the trains.... but guess it would be too much to ask that new Mark X trains be developed with the automation... as opposed to converting the existing trains.

COProgressFan

Bus or boat

Wow... that's just crazy. They couldn't even start Epcot service at 8:30?

I can also see massive overcrowding/delays for guests trying that get to MK for ropedrop at 9 if resort monorail service starts at 8:30.

Tom

Beta Return

I think 8:30am is plenty of time for the majority of rope-droppers to get to the MK from monorail resorts. But this is obviously not very accommodating for those going to Epcot.

A good reason to avoid monorail resorts until this is all over. No reason why they can't back the start time up to 8am. Still plenty of hours to work overnight.

GrumpyFan

interesting to add in automation to the trains.... but guess it would be too much to ask that new Mark X trains be developed with the automation... as opposed to converting the existing trains.
I think for now we just have to hope that this would be the eventual next step in the process. And, with the Mark VI trains now being 25 years old, I would hope their replacement is on the horizon.

Clamman73

Maybe it's like proof of concept to Bombardier that the automation process works, so they could go ahead and build them with the system built in.

rob0519

The question was how to get to Epcot from a monorail resort.
The reply was bus OR boat. I don't think that can be done. Bus AND boat sure, but boat alone?
Misread the question. Yes bus to Epcot.

Darn. I was hoping there was a secret boat route I didn't know about or maybe a fleet of amphibious vehicles that start out in the water and become land transports. Oh well.

WeekendGM

At this point in the project half the trains were to have the new system in place. Right now though they have one they don't know how to get to work and one they crashed a work tractor into and is missing a cab.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I think 8:30am is plenty of time for the majority of rope-droppers to get to the MK from monorail resorts.
Not anymore, since the Welcome Show is starting at 8:40 am and rope drop follows immediately after the countdown. My guess is the new later timing is intentional to lessen the Anna & Elsa/7DMT crowds pushing their way through the train tunnels and down Main Street. The YouTube videos do not lie...people are CRAZY...I was caught up in the madness last week AFTER the new policy of CMs leading everyone down Main Street behind a rope, and it was still scary. If someone, especially a small child, gets trampled in the morning rush it would be tragic. Disney needed to do something to lessen the crowd size at rope drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom