Monorail System Express Beam closures this weekend (march 18, 19)

Schneewittchen

Let's just hope #metrofail doesn't turn into #monorailfail

We don't want WDW maiming the guests with scary-bad transportation options.

Me every evening at 6 pm - "Wonder if my husband will make it home from metro tonight...."

montyz81

Just think if they took the money for this useless automation system and put it into system refurbishment.
If only! I just don't understand how DLR has new 6 versions of that Monorail and WDW only has 2 especially when you consider this: "As of 2013, the system is one of the most heavily used monorail systems in the world with over 150,000 daily riders,surpassed only by the monorail system run by Chongqing Rail Transit in Chongqing." The investment in automation onto old frames seems like a waste of money. Just build new trains with automation already in them!

MonorailLover

So does anyone know for sure why it's going to be down?
I don't think any of us would really have a definitive answer for the closure, especially how it's only a mid day closure.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was automation testing, as this is exactly what happened last time(at least I was there) but it wasn't scheduled, or at least told to the public. It staying open at peak times tells me that nothing's broken or an issue, or they would just flat out close it for the whole weekend.

Figment2005

If only! I just don't understand how DLR has new 6 versions of that Monorail and WDW only has 2 especially when you consider this: "As of 2013, the system is one of the most heavily used monorail systems in the world with over 150,000 daily riders,surpassed only by the monorail system run by Chongqing Rail Transit in Chongqing." The investment in automation onto old frames seems like a waste of money. Just build new trains with automation already in them!
You do realize the Mark VII is new bodies on the Mark III frame right?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Why cannot this testing be performed AFTER park closing? That is if they are indeed testing instead of shutting it down during non peak hours to save a few bucks like last year, It's things like this which show WDW's complete lack of respect for the guest.

montyz81

You do realize the Mark VII is new bodies on the Mark III frame right?
I don't think so. From what I read, the current Mark VII are all new frames. The Mark V used the original frames, but I thought I read that the current Mark VII were built from scratch

rob0519

Why cannot this testing be performed AFTER park closing? That is if they are indeed testing instead of shutting it down during non peak hours to save a few bucks like last year, It's things like this which show WDW's complete lack of respect for the guest.

My guess would be money and unions. Overtime for a midnight shift is expensive. Plus it's easier to work on the equipment in the daylight if necessary.

JoFu

I don't think so. From what I read, the current Mark VII are all new frames. The Mark V used the original frames, but I thought I read that the current Mark VII were built from scratch
I know that aesthetics were borrowed from the Mark II design, but I am pretty certain the Mark VII monorails were built from scratch by Dynamic Structures. The Mark V design did use a re-engineered Mark III chassis, however.

lazyboy97o

I know that aesthetics were borrowed from the Mark II design, but I am pretty certain the Mark VII monorails were built from scratch by Dynamic Structures. The Mark V design did use a re-engineered Mark III chassis, however.
The Mark VIIs use the Mark III chassis and the Mark V bodies sans the noses.

peter11435

That is if they are indeed testing instead of shutting it down during non peak hours to save a few bucks like last year, It's things like this which show WDW's complete lack of respect for the guest.
It's statements like this that show your complete lack of knowledge on the subject.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom