Monorail switch track question

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
Quick question for those who know:

Where is the switch track for the hotel loop? I can't seem to recall it, or find it on the usual Google/MSN "Virtual Earth" apps. Thanks!

Rob562

^There is that switch, there is two by TTC.

I believe the two switches at the TTC are for moving trains between the Epcot and Express beams. There's a little spur track specifically for this purpose (with a switch on each end)

There's no ability to move a train between Express and Local at the TTC.

-Rob

luckyeye13

The Express to Resort switch is located right next to the Shop to Express switch. One part of each beam (The whole thing is between pylons 57 and 61 between the two sides.) comes together at a single post in the middle when the switch is open. When a switch is in progress, the other trains on the beam are kept far away with one train on the Express beam usually loading Guests for several minutes at the Magic Kingdom and the other waiting at a spot right before entering the Contemporary and the Resort trains waiting at the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom. (The other trains on each beam will be stopped elsewhere on the beam due to our normal spacing rules.)

The next time you ride up front to the Magic Kingdom on the Express beam or to the Contemporary on the Resort beam, just look for the small lighter-colored section of the beamway. Of course, you can also ask the pilot and they'll usually be happy to point it out to you.

disney9752

it's interesting to watch a train being brought out or switching beams, but wow is it a pain in the but if you happen to be on a monorail & the switch beam gets stuck. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:brick:

Space Mountain

I found this on Google..

monorail3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom