Monorail Support beams needing repair!

EPCOT-O.G.

Anyone else see this image from Bioreconstruct of one of the monorail supports with damage and rust?

I would think there are probably others in similar condition.
I would be curious to see how long before it gets fixed.

It’s a shame the RCID didn’t insist on basic facilities and transportation management and permitted its masters to allow things to deteriorate this poorly

Ayla

Anyone else see this image from Bioreconstruct of one of the monorail supports with damage and rust?

You can see the cracks in the beam right behind it, too.

Disstevefan1

Holy cr@p!

I truly hope they fix this ASAP and not wait for a tragedy.

Unlike the EPCOT renovation, I would be totally in favor of an extended shut down of the monorail for it to be fixed correctly.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
After 50 years of constant use for the MK lines, and now more than 40 for the Epcot line, I have to wonder what the overall state of the system is?

I would hope it gets regular inspections and maintenance considering the notorious Florida soil conditions, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if we see an extended downtime for some major repairs in the near future. Knowing Disney though and how they've done things recently, I wouldn't be surprised at all if reaches the point of "too costly to repair and maintain" and they demolish it. I really hope that never happens as the Monorail is an iconic part of WDW, but I think all of us here know that it's a real possibility.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
After 50 years of constant use for the MK lines, and now more than 40 for the Epcot line, I have to wonder what the overall state of the system is?

I would hope it gets regular inspections and maintenance considering the notorious Florida soil conditions, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if we see an extended downtime for some major repairs in the near future. Knowing Disney though and how they've done things recently, I wouldn't be surprised at all if reaches the point of "too costly to repair and maintain" and they demolish it. I really hope that never happens as the Monorail is an iconic part of WDW, but I think all of us here know that it's a real possibility.
Sadly I could see the Epcot line going away one day and keeping the resort and T&T monorail system. Enjoying seeing the monorail go in/out of Epcot however

EPCOT-O.G.

Sadly I could see the Epcot line going away one day and keeping the resort and T&T monorail system. Enjoying seeing the monorail go in/out of Epcot however
Yeah. I don’t see how they could do away with the TTC monorail. I can’t imagine the time that would take to move that deluge of guests every day solely by boat

EeyoreFan#24

That’s my guess too. Epcot line get wiped away completely. MK lines are only kept barely alive for show, with no concern for efficiency or practice use. Skyliner or other is added for Epcot transfers and something else to move the masses across the lake is added.

I hope I’m wrong completely.

monorail81

They have been maintaining and patching the beams for many, many years. We saw some fresh patches last week over near the switches by TTC. I would imagine they might be working on Epcot’s beam after seeing the fresh patches and now this. Yes the Epcot beam was cast on property. Yes the Epcot beam has always been rougher. It was always fun to watch the wave of the trains in the roof rearview mirror on the Epcot straightaways.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Clearly part of the new World Nature theming. Designed to look like the salt water mist in the air from the Seas pavilion has caused corrosion and damage. ;)

EPCOT-O.G.

Clearly part of the new World Nature theming. Designed to look like the salt water mist in the air from the Seas pavilion has caused corrosion and damage. ;)
“Water doesn’t only replenish, over time it is one of nature’s most corrosive and destructive tools. Enjoy mountain ranges? Many are carved by glaciers, which is merely water kept at frozen temperatures.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom