Monorail Service

Tom

Beta Return
More like a slim to none percentage of them were staying at a monorail resort and every single one needed transport back to the TTC.

It's a different story on EMH nights when your entire park's attendance is resort guests and a very minute percentage of them are actually staying at a monorail resort.

I know. I was being a smart a$$. I resent the fact that they've discontinued service during EMH for paying guests at deluxe resorts (and other destinations requiring the monorail), but they'll continue to run them for party-goers who paid a few bucks to stay after hours.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I know. I was being a smart a$$. I resent the fact that they've discontinued service during EMH for paying guests at deluxe resorts (and other destinations requiring the monorail), but they'll continue to run them for party-goers who paid a few bucks to stay after hours.

actually the EPCOT hours are the same so that's eliminated from comparison.
Currently, express and resort shut down at the same time, 1 hr after normal park close. If fireworks are at 9, and park close at 10, rails shut down at 11.
In the case of the party, express is shutting down 1 hr after normal park close, while only resort runs later, 1hr past fireworks. Thus I make the argument that the party goers are actually getting LESS service than EMH. While it may appear that resort is running LONGER for parties in terms of normal park close, park close is not what matters. What matters is are the monorails both running for fireworks exit. At least during EMH, express is up during fireworks exit along with resort. That will not be the case with the parties. Everyone will be forced onto the ferries. I wouldn't be surprised if they do room key checks on the resort line, but that is pure speculation on my part and I have no info to back that up. Just a hunch.

Lightster

I was in MK at and leaving at approx 5pm on Saturday. The park had been empty most of the day but the place was becoming a madhouse as we were leaving. To top it off, the monorails were down doing their nightly switchup, but in all seriousness there were more people waiting to enter the park at 5pm for NoJ than there were in the park the whole morning.

MaxsDad

Original Poster
I was in MK at and leaving at approx 5pm on Saturday. The park had been empty most of the day but the place was becoming a madhouse as we were leaving. To top it off, the monorails were down doing their nightly switchup, but in all seriousness there were more people waiting to enter the park at 5pm for NoJ than there were in the park the whole morning.

Agreed, MK was considerably more crowded during Night of Joy than I saw at any park all week.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes

it wasn't a switch, I believe it was an extended downtime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom