Monorail portrayed on the Epcot Experience Drawing

scottnj1966

Original Poster
Hello all,

Sorry if this has been discussed already but has anyone else noticed the monorails drawn look much more like Bombardiers latest design then what we have existing at WDW?

Scott
75210317_10156928077968277_4750814766652456960_o.jpg

76710747_10156928083703277_4493729856948797440_n.png.jpg

Heppenheimer

The nose looks a little closer to the current Bombardier design, other than that, they look the same. It doesn't appear to be an attempt to render the monorail in any great detail, however.

Also based on the concept art, Epcot guests are envisioned to be quite a bit more physically attractive in the near future, so I might take the slight variation in appearance of the monorail with a grain of salt.

scottnj1966

Original Poster
The nose looks a little closer to the current Bombardier design, other than that, they look the same. It doesn't appear to be an attempt to render the monorail in any great detail, however.

Also based on the concept art, Epcot guests are envisioned to be quite a bit more physically attractive in the near future, so I might take the slight variation in appearance of the monorail with a grain of salt.

Exactly. They can configure the rest of the look the same, like the windows, to keep the original look but the main frame, like the front of the monorail has a new design.

Disney has drawn the monorail many times on many maps and brochures, they never strayed from what they have look liked since the park opened.

I’m not saying it was done on purpose or that they are changing them any time soon but with everything in the news about the failures of the current fleet, the age of the current fleet, Disney trying to automate many things, the many rumors being said, and the new design of the bombardier monorail closely resembling what was drawn sure make for a good case it could be happening.

In any case they are 30 years old now so something has to be done because they cannot last forever.

Victor Kelly

Sure it could mean something. But people put too much belief in concept art. Look at New Fantasyland concept art. It was close but not right on.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Disney is not one person doing all of the drawings. Walt Disney Imagineering is not even a small group that works on all projects.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's A) concept art, and B) monorail-related. Highly unlikely TDO will spend much on either. ;)

Side note: Whoa, the OP is a name I haven't seen in a long time! :) I think I may still have your email from the mid-2000's somewhere on who to call to potentially get a Walk Around The World brick. Lol...

Animaniac93-98

When Disney released their first overview concept of New Fantasyland it showed the Mad Tea Party with a different roof, similar to the one at DLP. When myself and others first saw it, we thought it was a sign that they were going to change it...and then they didn't.

Sometimes a painting is just a painting.

peter11435

When Disney released their first overview concept of New Fantasyland it showed the Mad Tea Party with a different roof, similar to the one at DLP. When myself and others first saw it, we thought it was a sign that they were going to change it...and then they didn't.

To be fair when the New Fantasyland concept art was painted the Mad Tea Party getting a new roof was part of the proposal.

MagicHappens1971

I agree with that one, more new fantasyland examples via insidethemagic
E49726F9-D5CB-45A7-A282-E6F4FD284EF0.jpeg
BBC21C7D-83B1-4673-95B0-3CC23E616F3B.jpeg

Attachments

• 6D7AC7E7-DD3A-4B85-814D-EBEC0DFA1819.png
    6D7AC7E7-DD3A-4B85-814D-EBEC0DFA1819.png
    408.7 KB · Views: 106

tirian

We were supposed to get a new canopy. It was cut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom