Monorail Playset

mousehockey37

Original Poster
So after just being at WDW, I couldn't help but notice that the monorail playsets are no longer being sold. The last few years have been orange and blue stripes, but now in the shops, all they have is the train set. It's a bummer because I was hoping to expand my collection, but when they were selling them for $94.99, that was just a bit too much for what it was. It's a shame since they do like nice under the Christmas tree.

mousehockey37

Original Poster
Sadly, the things aren't even probably worth the $40 they had them on clearance for, let alone the $99.99 they were charging. I'll admit I look forward to putting ours out each year.

It's the little things. Oh well, guess I've got a piece of nostalgia now!

Paper straw fan

Boo!

I probably was never going to, but I wanted the monorail set to act as an Xmas train around my tree. At regular price it was a bit much, but at $40 I would have maybe jumped on it.

JIMINYCR

I have the complete set of monorail playsets, monorail station, resorts, lots of extra track, but unfortunately we really dont have the room to keep it set up permanently so it comes out for Christmas around the tree. I tried convincing DW that putting it up so it is circling our bedroom would make us feel like we were staying at WDW year round.... but she just doesnt seem to see it as such a good idea like I do.

N2dru

Hopefully it will be brought back. It was a very popular souvenir. Had one but was looking to add another. Come on Disney bring them back. While youre at it bring back the attraction vehicle models as well!

Pricklypeet

I came in late to the monorail playset experience as well. My wife bought me the orange monorail, Contemporary Resort, Spaceship Earth and Cinderella’s castle for Christmas a couple years ago. I was instantly hooked and scoured EBay the next 6 months building out the rest of the collection. I spent way more than I should have but now I have everything except the Astro Orbiter, Dumbo Ride and any of the California Disney monorail accessories.

I kept everything out until our daughter was able to walk. Now it’s up in my office on shelves until she’s old enough for me to show her how to play with it...carefully!

Attachments

• 098F370C-B259-498E-9C84-BF6F2FC52259.jpeg
    098F370C-B259-498E-9C84-BF6F2FC52259.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 5,159

georgepapa007

So after just being at WDW, I couldn't help but notice that the monorail playsets are no longer being sold. The last few years have been orange and blue stripes, but now in the shops, all they have is the train set. It's a bummer because I was hoping to expand my collection, but when they were selling them for $94.99, that was just a bit too much for what it was. It's a shame since they do like nice under the Christmas tree.

So did they discontinue the actual train?

georgepapa007

So are they still selling the actual train?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom