Monorail playset?

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
I was over at Downtown Disney and a few hotels a few weeks ago and I could not find it? All I found was the die-cast monorail (which I bought :animwink:)
Is that exclusive to the parks?
or
Do they not sell it anymore?

I was over at Downtown Disney and a few hotels a few weeks ago and I could not find it? All I found was the die-cast monorail (which I bought :animwink:)
Is that exclusive to the parks?
or
Do they not sell it anymore?

It isn't exclusive to the parks. When I was there in 2002, they were selling it at the Contemporary with lots of things you could buy to add on to it. It is possible that they don't make it anymore.

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
It isn't exclusive to the parks. When I was there in 2002, they were selling it at the Contemporary with lots of things you could buy to add on to it. It is possible that they don't make it anymore.
I visited Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Port Orleans.

I'm guessing that I have to get it off of ebay.

the-reason14

Anyone remember the old California Screamin playset. I bought it back in 03 I think. Its in storage somewhere now, and I dont have the instructions anymore. It really wasnt that good, the monorails were way better.

RachelP6877

I got the whole set in I think my 05 or 06 trip The monorail the extra track castle, Haunted mansion, The tree, the Epcot ball, dumbo ride, astro orbitor ect... all the figures its all set up in my attic ITS SO COOL:sohappy::sohappy:but we were their this past sPRING THEY TOLD ME THEY DONT SELL IT ANYMORE. we almost didnt get it at that visit we are so glad we did

They still sell it I remember seeing it in January , Monorail purple now and has small character figures that can be placed inside the monorail cars. I forget where i saw it but I know that Once Upon a Toy Store has it at DTD.

westie

I remember seeing the purple one also. Almost bought it if I didn't already have 3. My fave is the one I got from DCA that has a little Golden Gate Bridge.(crosses fingers for collectors item)

majortom1981

hmm

Are they really that rare? I am pretty sure I saw them last time I went to the Worlds Of Disney Store in NYC 2 months ago. I am going back there sat (only an hour away) and I will check again. I am pretty sure I saw a whole stack of them.

kap91

The monorail playsets themselves are not that rare. Almost all the stores at the resort (Walt Disney World at least) have them. However most of the accessories (California Adventure Rides, Magic Kingdom Rides, different hotels, WDW park icons) except maybe with the exception of the Contemporary and castle have been discontinued or are just really hard to find.

Shadowdawn

I know that WOD NYC had Monorail Green on sale when I went in January. So I'm guessing they still sell them. Maybe they are putting out a new color and have sold most/all of the old stock?

WDWFanatic

The last one they sold in WDW was the blue monorail that had the doors that opened up and came with figures. All the other attraction accessories are on ebay with prices over 60.00.

I also saw the Contemp. set and I think the SSE one too, but maybe I'm just remembering a previous trip. $60 on eBay isn't bad tho, don't they cost 60-65$ at the parks anyway?
Personally I feel they need to release more track packs, and whatever happened to the switch track?

msmith

They had the main set, plus a few pieces @ ASM this past October... I remember the castle, tree, and SSE to name a few... The portion of my group that was comprised of male 3 and 4 year olds however was much more interested in the Disney Steam Train...

Quite curious to see if the boy get excited about the monorail this trip (if it can be found in the shops that is).

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
Maybe I was there at a bad time. I remember when I was little I had the red one which of course is lost now :(
I have my die-cast monorail on display and I hope to get a big one soon!
Hopefully this fall when I get an Annual pass!

s8film40

From what I've heard they are out of stock right now. The latest color was Green, who knows maybe it will be different when they get more in. I'm really hoping they make a Mark VII for Disneyland. Disneyland has been selling the WDW ones for sometime now just with Disneyland/WDW packaging. Now that they have totally different looking monorails I don't think that will fly anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom