Monorail Pilot's Mother Is Suing Disney

timeman

Original Poster
According to cfnews13.com the mother of the monorail pilot that was killed is suing Disney. She wants to make sure that the evidence from the crash is protected and not destroyed or altered.

She filed a petition with the State Circuit Court for an emergency hearing in the case, but a judge denied it during a hearing on tuesday.

Here is the news article. http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/7/15/monorail_pilots_mother_suing_disney.html

Tink313

I just read this on another site. I dont blame her those CMs really did screw up, especially if they are allowed to go to Dennys doing their shift.:(

Tink313

If that CM was really at Dennys while all of this happend :eek:... I mean how could you 1. live with yourself and 2. explain to your supervisors and authorities where you were(Hes probably has done it before "work" while being off property :()

EPCOT Explorer

If that CM was really at Dennys while all of this happend :eek:... I mean how could you 1. live with yourself and 2. explain to your supervisors and authorities where you were(Hes probably has done it before "work" while being off property :()

He was. It was in the NTSB report, and all over the news. :rolleyes::dazzle:

He can't explain. He has no excuse.

hpyhnt 1000

Can't say I don't blame her. Some big screw ups in this unfortunate event. The family and Disney will reach a private settlement I'm sure... :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I certainly don't blame the mom.

I can see a jury awarding a wrongful death suit, however this will more than likely be settled long before it ever goes to trial and we'll never hear a word about it.

board57796

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but to me it just sounds like she is requesting the evidence not be destroyed, not that she is suing (yet.) Of course, this may be the first step towards a suit, but I don't see a law suit being filed yet? Or am I missing something.

Also, elsewhere I thought I saw this was filed on the 9th, 4 days after the crash. Maybe since then Disney has worked out a settlement with her?

I've wondered if a security camera caught the accident. Would be awful to watch :(

Bluewaves

This sounds more like she wants the truth than money type of suit, I don't blame her if he was my son or brother or even friend I'd want to know what happened and make sure it can't happen again more than the money.

Mr.EPCOT

Okay, people are making the Denny's thing out to to be a bigger thing than it really is. 1) Central has no real need to be in the Tower. What's really required to do the position is the mental aptitude to keep track of everything that's going on. Depending on circumstances, they might have to be out and about for one reason or another. The CMs on the Concourse platform could have stopped the collision as Central could have if he were in the Tower. 2) If this is the manager I think it is, if he truly was out at Denny's or something (which we don't even know as a fact), he was probably out getting food for Cast Members that hadn't had a break all day, or something to that effect. And at 2 AM! You all are making him out to be some vastly irresponsible, lazy bum who's abusing his authority, and this gentlemen is quite the opposite of that.
He is very, very experienced in Monorails, one of the Company's very best Cast Members, and an awesome guy altogether. None of my fellow Pilots that I've spoken to have blamed him for this AT ALL. So all of you can stop this train of thought right now. You should ashamed for condemning a man like that without knowing the full set of circumstances.

Tink313

Wow that just horrible :fork:
It makes you just wonder how many CM work from "Dennys" :lookaroun

:eek: I hope not too many. I bet the higher ups must be going nuts trying to crackdown on these guys.

s8film40

He was. It was in the NTSB report, and all over the news. :rolleyes::dazzle:

He can't explain. He has no excuse.

where is this at in the NTSB report, I've read the whole thing and didn't even see the manager mentioned let alone where or what he was doing. The news doesn't seem to have a solid explanation either Denny's is only one of the places they have claimed he was at.

board57796

I also agree that we should wait until the facts are out to start placing blame.

Playing devil's advocate here; say the platform workers has also been at "Denny's" or anywhere else other than the platform, and that the accident had occured just the same as it did that night. This forum would be full of people saying "Had those workers been doing their job and been on the platform this accident would have never happened."...

Well, those people were there and we assume they were doing their job, and this accident still happened. All I am saying is, I wish we would wait for the NTSB report to confirm/put to rest all the theories, before we "convict" someone of something so awful.

EPCOT Explorer

Okay, people are making the Denny's thing out to to be a bigger thing than it really is. 1) Central has no real need to be in the Tower. What's really required to do the position is the mental aptitude to keep track of everything that's going on. Depending on circumstances, they might have to be out and about for one reason or another. The CMs on the Concourse platform could have stopped the collision as Central could have if he were in the Tower. 2) If this is the manager I think it is, if he truly was out at Denny's or something (which we don't even know as a fact), he was probably out getting food for Cast Members that hadn't had a break all day, or something to that effect. And at 2 AM! You all are making him out to be some vastly irresponsible, lazy bum who's abusing his authority, and this gentlemen is quite the opposite of that.
He is very, very experienced in Monorails, one of the Company's very best Cast Members, and an awesome guy altogether. None of my fellow Pilots that I've spoken to have blamed him for this AT ALL. So all of you can stop this train of thought right now. You should ashamed for condemning a man like that without knowing the full set of circumstances.

Didn't know, half the things you just posted about. The way the news and the NTSB repost made it out to be, he was not supposed to be at Denny's.

And honestly...even if he's allowed to be out, he shouldn't be. How he could work from off property and do the job well and not distraced is beyond me.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Thanks for the info. Nice to hear an insiders view on this. :wave:

I will now stay silent on this aspect in deference to your information and wishes.

hardcard

She is , of course, 100% justified in suing.. However, having said that.. She really doesn't 'NEED' the evidence.. This will never see a court room.. Disney will settle this in the background, just like any other lawsuit...

End of story.

TalkingHead

And the best way to do this is to go to Denny's and order food.

Right.

I hope Disney doesn't get a chance to destroy the evidence before this woman gets to court.

Skyway

Sounds like a lot of you are terribly mistaken about what happened.

If this new Orlando Sentinel article is to be believed (and I think it is), then the central coordinator called in sick WHILE THE MANAGER WAS ALREADY AT PERKINS (not Dennys), WHICH WAS ALLOWED DURING HIS REGULAR DINNER BREAK.

While waiting for the replacement for that sick coordinator to arrive, the manager did radio some instructions from Perkins (again, that doesn't sound like it was against any rule, especially considering the "emergency" nature of an employee suddenly going home sick at that very moment)

According to the Sentinel, it was the maintenance shop worker who screwed up by telling the manager that the track switch had been flipped, when in fact it had not.

Here's the article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-disney-monorail-crash-071509,0,5258965.story?track=rss

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom