Monorail Peach Gets New Black Deltas

cjthapanda

Original Poster
wdw-monorail-peach-refurbished-0223.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

Does anybody like the deltas?
I sort of just don't get it. The Monorail look is so iconic, especially with the long streaks of color running down their sides. If you're gonna mess with that you should probably do something that makes some sort of real impact.

I assume there must be some purpose or thought process behind adding the deltas, but I can't figure out what it might be.

JoeCamel

I sort of just don't get it. The Monorail look is so iconic, especially with the long streaks of color running down their sides. If you're gonna mess with that you should probably do something that makes some sort of real impact.

I assume there must be some purpose or thought process behind adding the deltas, but I can't figure out what it might be.
Probably be a bigger hit if they put mickey silhouettes down the stripe to echo Japan. 10 to a side should work

peter11435

The only purpose I can think of is to help recognize the color 100% from a further distance but I’m not sure what problem this solves.
There’s been some pretty significant issues that have happened because of misidentifying monorail colors. That’s actually why the interiors were redone to clearly and boldly identify what color is on the outside and why the interior pink ceiling stripe now matches the exterior color on all trains.

TrainsOfDisney

There’s been some pretty significant issues that have happened because of misidentifying monorail colors. That’s actually why the interiors were redone to clearly and boldly identify what color is on the outside and why the interior pink ceiling stripe now matches the exterior color on all trains.
Around the world trains and transit vehicles operate that are virtually identical on the outside and the inside.

I could see the interior being an issue since guests calling emergency services would need to be able to identify.

lazyboy97o

Which is why they were originally implemented but adding black ones to every other color doesn’t seem to really help with identification. Adding the same thing to things that are being confused doesn’t create differentiation. It would seem like it would make more sense to have distinct color combinations if the issue is identification.

yensidtlaw1969

Can I ask what kind of issues you're referring to? Just out of pure curiosity

If they wanted to beef up recognition of the individual colors there are probably a bunch of fun guest-facing ways you could do that - have announcements at the station like "Now approaching: Monorail Gold", "Monorail Red now boarding!". Install some lights in the station that change colors to match the forthcoming or incoming Monorail that help emphasize the color before it even arrives. Do things that feel in-theme and add to the experience. Then all the stuff inside the cabin reinforces something that's already in your brain.

If they really got desperate they could introduce a punch card system - Ride every different color Monorail and get a free Dole Whip!

Chef idea Mickey`=

Does anybody like the deltas?
Only if it's black or white.. I've seen a colored one on a color and I don't like that... maybe it was green I don't remember clearly...

Actually exception is the red on black because monorail black with a red delta is mickey meanwhile a red monorail with black delta is Minnie.

I don't suppose a blue monorail with yellow delta might become Donald.. 🤔

tanc

60 billion dollars but still using ancient monorails, nice. Then again, they wouldn't invest into them like TDR did so maybe it's a blessing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom