MonoRail Outage - no news about it?

DreamFlight911

Original Poster
UGH!!! Was at WDW for 3 days and started my day STUCK on the Monorail for nearly 2 hours (Saturday Dec 3 between 11am and 1pm). We just past Polynesian Monorail Station and came to an oburpt halt. We we're on Monorail orange and Monorail silver was at the station.

anyone had this experiance.

no news articles about it

Timekeeper

What, if anything, did Disney do for you (passengers) as a result of the two hour delay? That is a significant amount of time lost, during the parks' operating hours :cry:

ThatMouse

So I guess monorail outages are a common event now. We had a problem a month ago - over an hour wait to get on the monorail at around 1pm, due to it breaking down. So instead we spent the hour taking boats and buses. Wasn't all that bad, but inconvenient since we were resort hopping and couldn't get a direct "flight" to the next resort.

majorrfb

Monrail blues

Dec. 1 arrived at TTA to go to the MK only to find the MK monorail was down.
This was around 8:30a. Had to take the Ferry to get to the gates. Going through the bag inspection I mentioned the Monorail to the Security Guard and he shook his head and said, "not again". The system needs a major overhaul.
Starting the day that way takes a little bit of the fun out of the MK>

menamechris

This was around 8:30a. Had to take the Ferry to get to the gates. Going through the bag inspection I mentioned the Monorail to the Security Guard and he shook his head and said, "not again". The system needs a major overhaul.

I think this has been pretty normal lately. I don't think the monorail is "down" as much as they aren't having it up and ready after a night of maintenance by 8:30. But that's just my assumption based on my experiences lately.

I do agree that the monorail is still in dire need of attention even with the ongoing maintenance. However, I have noticed a lot of procedural changes lately - such as not packing guests in the cabins like sardines at the end of the day - I have actually seen them counting people as they send them down the boarding platform. Maybe they finally realized the weight limit isn't a joke?

mwebb4

When is enough enough

We spent 45 minutes stuck mid beam around 8:00pm a few months back and the monorail was still down at park close "10:00pm." Our car was at the TTA and we didn't get back to the beach club until after 12:00am. Really makes you want to avoid the magic kingdom in the evenings. That said I'm headed back this weekend so I guess the reason it's still not fixed for good is because we keep coming back.

Lightster

UGH!!! Was at WDW for 3 days and started my day STUCK on the Monorail for nearly 2 hours (Saturday Dec 3 between 11am and 1pm). We just past Polynesian Monorail Station and came to an oburpt halt. We we're on Monorail orange and Monorail silver was at the station.

anyone had this experiance.

no news articles about it

I was there... arrived to TTC around noon. They were rerouting everyone via the ferryboat to MK. Took about 75 minutes to get to MK. It was a mess! Supposedly the beams lost power.

rct247

Monorail problems in general are very common. It is EXTREMELY common to stop for "further traffic clearance". I understand what that means and why it is in place and where the designated stop areas are, but 9/10 trips on the monorail I have to sit for 3-5 minutes for this to happen. The breakdowns of a monorail or the entire system happens almost weekly in my opinion. I may be exaggerating, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened almost every other day. It's been like this for the past year or two.

Kristia

Yep, I was there on Dec 1 too. We had breakfast ressies at Kona and had to get from Pop to Poly. Took a bus to MK and when we got off I saw there were buses going to Contemporary and Poly. I thought "Utoh"... Went to monorail and saw it was closed. Line for boats to Poly were crazy long. Luckily the ferry going back to TTC had no line, so we hopped on that and walked to Poly from TTC. Lines to get on the ferry to the MK were huge when we got off! I felt so bad for people stuck on the monorail!

Mammymouse

Is it possible that the Fantasyland construction has anything to do with some of the shut-downs? New construction can wreak havoc on existing electrical systems, etc. Just wondering if that might be one of the reasons for some of the shut downs.

SMS55

Is it possible that the Fantasyland construction has anything to do with some of the shut-downs? New construction can wreak havoc on existing electrical systems, etc. Just wondering if that might be one of the reasons for some of the shut downs.

Should have nothing to do with it. I am a contractor and while I do mainly residential work (sructures) construction projects need to have their own temporary electricity. This is for the use of tools and for tests. This project is also so big it's not like adding a circuit to your existing electrical panel at home. This has to be added to Disney's electrical grid. The engineers or imagineers in this case have it figured out to minimize any effects. The constant downtime, suggests that the monorail is in serious need of an overhaul.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom