Monorail Music?

MicBat

Original Poster
I was listening to a WDW station on Live365.com and I heard a monorail narration (same as present) with music in the background. :confused: I had heard the song before b/c it is on one of the menus of the WDW explorer. Did the monorail used to have music playing with the narration? If so, why did they take it out? It did seem sort of annoying... :brick: Thank you! :wave:

blm07

I don't think I've ever heard it before. Disneyland might be different though. I like the monorail narrations :D

monorail256

I dont think so.. I think if it did, it definately would have taken away from the whole experiance of riding the monorail. Of course.. not everyone likes the monorails as much as I do :lol:

MicBat

Original Poster
Originally posted by blm07
I don't think I've ever heard it before. Disneyland might be different though. I like the monorail narrations :D

It was from WDW b/c they were talking about the contemp and magic kingdom and stuff... it was probably just something someone made or something... :confused: Who knows?

stingrock23

I know i've heard the narration with music on the live365 station, but I can't ever remember hearing music while actually riding the monorails.

the monorails are in my top 5 list for attractions, so i thinkn i'd remember if there was any music.

rjew

I love the monorails and never remember any music on them. I used to have a recording of the old narration and you could hear the monorail accelerating (wind and tire noise) but no music. Unfortunately, I lost the file in a computer crash a year ago - at least the location I knew where it was. I'll look again for you and let you know.

torg0

That track must have been a mix by the broadcaster. The monorail track from WDWF did not include any music.

Mike

mickey04

I'm pretty sure the music you heard is called "The Monorail Song" (that's the song that is played on the timeline of the WDW Explorer, anyway). It was originally used on Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color on a special called "Disneyland at Night" (or something like that) when they were featuring the monorail. Anyway, I don't believe it was ever used on the monorail narration, and hasn't been for as long as I can remember. As torg0 said, it was probably mixed in by the user.

MicBat

Original Poster
Originally posted by mickey04
I'm pretty sure the music you heard is called "The Monorail Song" (that's the song that is played on the timeline of the WDW Explorer, anyway). It was originally used on Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color on a special called "Disneyland at Night" (or something like that) when they were featuring the monorail. Anyway, I don't believe it was ever used on the monorail narration, and hasn't been for as long as I can remember. As torg0 said, it was probably mixed in by the user.

That's where it's from in WDW explorer! I've heard it on the Wonderful World of Color, also... you're right, it was probably mixed by the user... thanks for the imput everybody! :wave:

Jon_in_NC

I don't know if this is what you have heard, but this CD has a track on it called The Monorail Song. It may exist on different collections, but I thought it was interesting that I saw this after you had mentioned it. (And no this is not my acution, would I be sellling this if I had it? lol)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2158873307&category=1382

I have actually made my own little song version of the Monorail narration (just the narration from TTC to the MK; 4:30 length song) with some Test-Track-type rhythms to it. I brought the narration into ACID Music and used some musical loops to add the rhythms to it. It's a nice little song to "head bob" to when you just want something different to listen to instead of the plain narration.

MicBat

Original Poster
Originally posted by Jon_in_NC
I don't know if this is what you have heard, but this CD has a track on it called The Monorail Song. It may exist on different collections, but I thought it was interesting that I saw this after you had mentioned it. (And no this is not my acution, would I be sellling this if I had it? lol)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2158873307&category=1382

I have actually made my own little song version of the Monorail narration (just the narration from TTC to the MK; 4:30 length song) with some Test-Track-type rhythms to it. I brought the narration into ACID Music and used some musical loops to add the rhythms to it. It's a nice little song to "head bob" to when you just want something different to listen to instead of the plain narration.

Thanks for the info, man! That monorail narration you made sounds pretty tight (well, from your description it does)!

Jon_in_NC

Well after checking on Yahoo I discovered that they have discontinued allowing sharing of files within the briefcase. That is unless it is by a Yahoo member (i.e., if you have a Yahoo ID). I didn't realize they had done this...sorry. Maybe I can post it somewhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom