Monorail Lime finally out of shop — Blue deltas are back!

RunnerEd

I know it's an unpopular opinion among many WDW fans but I think the monorail paint jobs are boring; they're all monorail/monotone white with a small stripe. Disneyland's fleet looks amazing. Monorail Red is actually (wait for it.....) red with white accents.

Attachments

• Red.jpg
    Red.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 188

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I know it's an unpopular opinion among many WDW fans but I think the monorail paint jobs are boring; they're all monorail/monotone white with a small stripe. Disneyland's fleet looks amazing. Monorail Red is actually (wait for it.....) red with white accents.
Red, particularly Crimson, is a terrible color anyway ;)

GCTales

Was outside MK today and noticed a logo on blue, below the drivers window area (driver's right side) on the level of the color band that said

"J. A*****
& Assoc."

I did not catch the full name.

Have not seen on any other monorails (Been looking since I saw this to try to get full name).

Any idea who / what that is and connection to the monorail?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Was outside MK today and noticed a logo on blue, below the drivers window area (driver's right side) on the level of the color band that said

"J. A*****
& Assoc."

I did not catch the full name.

Have not seen on any other monorails (Been looking since I saw this to try to get full name).

Any idea who / what that is and connection to the monorail?

I believe it is a tribute to one of the original imagineers that worked on the system.

Rider

If you stop the monorail to clean it you are hurting the line's capacity a lot more than just one car on one train. You need to shut the line down, wait for a trained bio-hazard custodian to show up, wait for them to clean it, wait for it to dry, wait for the fumes in the car to go away, and then you can re-load the train. Maybe about 15-30 minutes. I'm sure you'd be happy to have the whole line down that long so that one monorail train of 4 can have 1 additional car open?

Same thing if this was a mechanical issue, btw. Taking Lime out of service is a half hour or more affair where they need to shut down BOTH MK lines and shift the train from Resort to the Shop. And they don't have a spare so after waiting 30 minutes to move it around you're down to 3 trains instead of 4 with one car closed.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Well this POS needs to go back into the shop. 10:30. Contemporary. Two zillion people trying to get on a packed train and.... a whole car is closed because the stupid doors won’t open!!
Did they tell you that’s why it was closed?
No but suffice it to say there were a lot of tired and angry people who saw a partially empty monorail leave without them.
Unless you have inside info its entirely reprehensible to assume bad intent 🤷‍♂️

They often lock out cars for special events and groups as well as the Highway In The Sky Dining experience.

peter11435

So why else, at 10:30pm with a couple of hundred people at Contemp and thousands at MK waiting, would you close it down? Because someone puked? No time to clean up a pile of that so just close it down? What sense does that make?
Puke doesn’t clean up instantly. It could have happened at the station directly before yours. So yes it could be puke and no it doesn’t make sense to continue to use a car with puke in it. Could also be blood. Could also be dozens of other reasons besides door failure. Including operational considerations.

cspencer96

They often lock out cars for special events and groups as well as the Highway In The Sky Dining experience.
That doesn’t happen during peak times.
So why else, at 10:30pm with a couple of hundred people at Contemp and thousands at MK waiting, would you close it down? Because someone puked? No time to clean up a pile of that so just close it down? What sense does that make?
Trains are supposed to leave after 90 seconds or so. If someone pukes or there is otherwise a reason to close off a car, it happens and the appropriate CMs are dispatched, whether it’s maintenance or custodial. Custodial rides in the car through the loop to clean, typically, notifies when it’s clear, and then gets off again where they boarded. Trust me, the car would not be closed unless it had to be, so calm down.

Emm

And these would be the same people to complain that the car smelled like puke. I'd rather wait a few extra minutes

s8film40

If you stop the monorail to clean it you are hurting the line's capacity a lot more than just one car on one train. You need to shut the line down, wait for a trained bio-hazard custodian to show up, wait for them to clean it, wait for it to dry, wait for the fumes in the car to go away, and then you can re-load the train. Maybe about 15-30 minutes. I'm sure you'd be happy to have the whole line down that long so that one monorail train of 4 can have 1 additional car open?

Same thing if this was a mechanical issue, btw. Taking Lime out of service is a half hour or more affair where they need to shut down BOTH MK lines and shift the train from Resort to the Shop. And they don't have a spare so after waiting 30 minutes to move it around you're down to 3 trains instead of 4 with one car closed.
That’s not the way it’s done. If something in a car can’t be cleaned up in a minute or less, the custodial cast member will usually just ride in the train and clean while it’s in motion. Typically one lap is enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom