Monorail~how much time does it take?

ask!

How much time does it take to
1) get from the Boardwalk to Epcot's monorail?
2) get from Epcot to MK via monorail?
3) ride the full loop around the MK monorail resorts?

Hopefully, you see where I am going....we are staying at the WDW Dolphin and have a 1pm wakeboarding lesson at the Contemporary Marina. I am wondering how long it will take to get there the scenic way?

Thanks again for all your WDW expertise!
Andrea

raven

Walking through Epcot from the Boardwalk and out the gate then up to the monorail will take anywhere from 20-30 minutes.

The monorail loop from Epcot to MK is about 7 or 8 minutes once you depart.

The resort loop around Seven Seas Lagoon will take about 10-15 minues which includes the stops.

Upvote 0

gotribe07

How much time does it take to
1) get from the Boardwalk to Epcot's monorail?
2) get from Epcot to MK via monorail?
3) ride the full loop around the MK monorail resorts?

Hopefully, you see where I am going....we are staying at the WDW Dolphin and have a 1pm wakeboarding lesson at the Contemporary Marina. I am wondering how long it will take to get there the scenic way?

Thanks again for all your WDW expertise!
Andrea

I'd say if you're planning on getting to the MK at a specific time (like say 12:00) I would definately leave the Boardwalk at 11:00 because you may have to wait for both monorails for up to 10 minutes so just allow ample time.

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

If you want to go to a park that day go to the mk first thing.

Then walk over to the Contemporary and do your wake boarding.

The walk is about ten minutes at a slow pace.

If you dont want to go to a park that day then go to contemporary early, get some breakfast, rent a mouse boat for an hour, then go do your wake boarding.

Dont forget to go use the stairway on the contemporary. Beautiful view of the Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Walking through Epcot from the Boardwalk and out the gate then up to the monorail will take anywhere from 20-30 minutes.

The monorail loop from Epcot to MK is about 7 or 8 minutes once you depart.

The resort loop around Seven Seas Lagoon will take about 10-15 minues which includes the stops.

I agree with the times here as minimums and would only add to plan for wait time for each monorail too. So for me... if I was doing what you're thinking here I'd be giving myself an hour and a half to do the whole thing just to be safe :wave:

Upvote 0

Blonde Princess

If your intention is to ride the monorail as an attraction to get there, then great! The information others have provided is accurate.

However, if you are at the Dolphin/Boardwalk area and need to get to the Contemporary there are 2 quicker options.

1. (The quickest) Walk from the Dolphin/Boardwalk to MGM and take the Contemporary Bus. The walk is about 15 minutes. There is also a boat, which takes about the same time. Also, this way you will not have to enter any park and utilize any park admission, if that is an issue.

2. (next quickest) Take the Bus, (from Dolphin, Swan, YC/BC or Boardwalk) to Magic Kingdom. Do not enter the Magic Kingdom. There is a walkway directly to the Contemporary. The walk is 5 minutes. Also, this way you will not have to enter any park and utilize any park admission, if that is an issue.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom