Monorail Gold Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonNinja

Original Poster
So as I was driving home last night I noticed a whole bunch of firetrucks and ambulances around the middle track of Epcot monorail line. As I was saying to myself I think the monorail broke down. And I was right. And guess what the color was gold. The worst monorail in the fleet. I laughed to see monorail gold back to its normal self the next day too.

FettFan

So as I was driving home last night I noticed a whole bunch of firetrucks and ambulances around the middle track of Epcot monorail line. As I was saying to myself I think the monorail broke down. And I was right. And guess what the color was gold. The worst monorail in the fleet. I laughed to see monorail gold back to its normal self the next day too.

james-bonds-iconic-goldfinger-suit-L-hNIn7y.jpeg

You could shay he wash playin' hish Golden Haahp.

natatomic

It was a planned evacuation drill. The Epcot beam isn't even open that late on non-EMH nights. But anyway, they do drills like that every so often. And every time, someone freaks out.

Goofyernmost

It was a planned evacuation drill. The Epcot beam isn't even open that late on non-EMH nights. But anyway, they do drills like that every so often. And every time, someone freaks out.
No, No, No... that cannot be. That would mean that Disney is acting responsibly and with the realistic idea that crap happens no matter how hard you try to prevent it. It must have been that awful maintanence department, playing poker instead of fixing the monorails that cause that disaster to happen. When will people learn that they get paid to let things break because nothing makes the big wheels at WDW happier then fielding complaints and lawsuits.
In case folks didn't catch it... that was sarcasm.

Monorail_Red

Yep and I think green does it too. Gold is the worst in the fleet though.
When I was there the propulsion groups were very unbalanced...which I'm sure contributed to the rough ride. The trains buck as it is when transitioning between dynamic and friction braking, and unbalanced groups can amplify that problem.

tritonpwrd

It looks like the June 4th evacuation drill of monorail gold happened for real yesterday. It appears the line got hit by lightning and killed the power. Gold could not be restarted and everyone had to be evacuated. It happened on the switch track and the tractor could not be brought in for a tow. No injuries except for one person who had a panic attack.

cw1982

It looks like the June 4th evacuation drill of monorail gold happened for real yesterday. It appears the line got hit by lightning and killed the power. Gold could not be restarted and everyone had to be evacuated. It happened on the switch track and the tractor could not be brought in for a tow. No injuries except for one person who had a panic attack.

Yep. Already an entire thread about it on the rumors forum ;)

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/epcot-monorail-being-evacuated.886830/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom