Monorail Expansion?

akorny1

Original Poster
Is the monorail network ever going to expand. I've read and seen some possible proposed routes, but is this ever going to happen?
Anyone have any information or updates?
Be nice to see the monorail make its way to Downtown Disney or perhaps MGM and/or the Animal Kingdom.

ogryn

Try having a look at some of the threads suggested below in the "Similar Threads" box. I'm sure you'll a detailed answer in there (probably from Invero).

Short answer is "highly unlikely" :wave:

akorny1

Original Poster
ogryn said:
Try having a look at some of the threads suggested below in the "Similar Threads" box. I'm sure you'll a detailed answer in there (probably from Invero).

Short answer is "highly unlikely" :wave:

Suggestions taken. Found the information I was looking for.
The "Magic" word would be $$.

ogryn

akorny1 said:
The "Magic" word would be $$.

...and are they really needed. The buses, although less "magical", can do the job of getting people around much better, and are more flexible.

That doesn't mean I don't want expansion, btw. I love the monorails just like everyone else :)

monorail_man

Account Suspended
ogryn said:
...and are they really needed. The buses, although less "magical", can do the job of getting people around much better, and are more flexible.

Sadly your right. The buses are going to remain the main mode of transportation for the parks. The Monorail is nice where it's at and it would be great to see it expand. But the cost is far to great.

NeedABreak

Yeah, as far as I can see Monorail expansion is pretty much dead.

I really feel that they should be working on something that is truly futueristic.

The monorail is so very old, I do love it very much, I ride it for no reason than to make an Epcot loop. These things were made in the 70's and I am sure they could come up with something that would really be amazeing.

Tom

Beta Return
I'm a Monorail freak, but I still love the buses - purely because they're effecient. The Disney Monorails are only out of date because they're old and slow and subject to human error. Newer monorails and other elevated trains and subways are effecient because they're entirely computer controlled and fast. When you let a computer control the dispatching, you get a streamlined system that can move people like nothing else. If they applied this to the WDW system, they could nearly double the number of trains on the lines, allowing them to run closer together. The only setback is that the users of the trains (the riders) have to be quick, and pay attention (which we all know does not apply to all of WDW's visitors :lol: ). Subway riders are "trained professionals" when it comes to riding, but not everyone at WDW has ridden a subway, and can't always be prepared to cram on the train before the doors close.

Oh well, until they master that system, the buses are quite sufficient for moving people. They're the best thing they've ever implemented, in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom