Monorail expansion?

Gustavo

Original Poster
Are there any possibility that the monorail system will be expanded to Animal's kingdom and MGM, or maybe to the water parks?
Thanks
Gustavo

LivefortheMouse

Doubtful. i think everyone has asked that question at some point in there lives. I dont think they would do it because it would cost way to much. I dont know the exact math but i know the first monorail cost lots of money. Though it would be great to have the monorail go to the other parks, its so much better than the buses.:D

Gustavo

Original Poster
Wouldn't it be great if Orlando's City Hall helped Disney financing an expansion of the monorail system in a way that it would be useful not only to tourist but also to the citzens of this city? :)

TimeTrip

Originally posted by Gustavo
Wouldn't it be great if Orlando's City Hall helped Disney financing an expansion of the monorail system in a way that it would be useful not only to tourist but also to the citzens of this city? :)
*runs away from can of worms being opened*

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are there any possibility that the monorail system will be expanded to Animal's kingdom and MGM, or maybe to the water parks?
Thanks
Gustavo

An interesting quote from 1998

5, December 1998: Malcolm Ross, vice president of the Disney-MGM Studios, says a transportation master plan now being put to paper will reduce the park's reliance on buses, but he stopped short of confirming unofficial reports that the company plans to invest between $800 million to $1billion in expanding the monorail. "We're looking at expanding the monorail, but we also have four or five other systems we're looking at," says Ross. Whichever is chosen, though, says Ross, "We'll have to get there soon."

More at http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation.htm :)

Gustavo

Original Poster
Didn't understand the last reply....sorry , as I non-resident of US, my english isn't good enought to undesrtand everything yet...can anyone explain to me what does "can of worms being opened" means?:)

StevenT

I personally think they should upgrade the monorails. 45 mph always seemed kind of slow to me. They should put in something that at least can ride along with the traffic below while on the way to Epcot.

If they ever were to, they'd have to keep the same outside appearance thought :) 'cause it's just classic.

Gustavo

Original Poster
Thanks wdwmagic!

How about a transportation system based on the trafic authority system? It would be awsome too, hum? :animwink:

Gustavo

Original Poster
Sorry man...actually what I was trying to say in my terrible english was "Tomorrowland Transity Authority" :lol: ... not trafic authority.

StevenT

Having a TTA system would be really cool! However I would think it more on a park transportation basis. Such as connecting the existing "Rocketower Plaza" to the old Fantasyland skyride station :D

Gustavo

Original Poster
Oh yeah...giving that beautiful architecture of the Fantasyland skyride station a use ... I would hate to see that demolished.
But why don't you think this kind of transportation wouldn't be functional in an urban site?

the city of orlando has no money, they are doing whatever they can to make it by. its kind of a tough economics wise. as for orange county while they don't like to pay for certain things they owe money for, ohh and thats preventing me from getting a raise where I work. I'd rather a pay raise to a monorail expansion. the last time disney got into goverments adding roads was the ocesola parkway and I understand that is a financial disater.

opps, forgot to mention disney isn't event in orlando, so orlando would be more likely to help out its areas such as universal, international drive area.

I don't think people really fly to disney to ride a monorail and say well my vacation s complete all I wanted to do was ride the monorail.

they only possibility of a monorail expansion is a high speed train and that won't be a monorail from the airport to disney but thats a long ways off if it will ever happen.

Heyyall

Didn't understand the last reply....sorry , as I non-resident of US, my english isn't good enought to undesrtand everything yet...can anyone explain to me what does "can of worms being opened" means?:)

I'm not to great with definitions, but it sort of means starting something that will cause trouble

Gustavo

Original Poster
Oh man...I am kinda amazed...I would never thought that Orlando, with all the tourists, would be facing any kind of finantial problem. I thght it would be filled with money.

Bill

Account Suspended
Disney's not in Orlando. Disney is in Disney... Lake Buena Vista for Postal Reasons. Disney has it's own government. There is no money that Disney can get for on site projects unless it comes from the county, and like he said, the county's broke.

Gustavo

Original Poster
Disney is a city tthen? Really? It has it's own mayor? Magic Kingdom City Hall is real then? Man ... is this true? I never would thought of that. I allways thought that Disney World were on Orlando's territory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom