Monorail Envy

TomHendricks

I don't understand why it would cost so much, I was able to add this two foot section of Monorail to my living room for under $80 dollars. Thats only $40 dollars a foot, you think Disney would be able to do better.

IMG_4117.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't understand why it would cost so much, I was able to add this two foot section of Monorail to my living room for under $80 dollars. Thats only $40 dollars a foot, you think Disney would be able to do better.

Someone help me out here.

If that monorail was HO scale that is about 1:48 scale...so how much money per foot would that equate to for the WDW monorail using the same scaling? :eek:

BalooChicago

It's the two feet without socks that end up being really expensive.

;)

MDenham

What's really bad is I misread my facts....HO scale is 1:87....:eek::eek:
That puts it at about $18.4M/mile, or $3480/foot.

Actual cost is somewhere between $4400/foot (based on the previous figures for Brazil, assuming both the 30-train and 54-train figures use the same cost per train) and... oh, $12k/foot (a hair under $64M/mile) at the top end, maybe?

Admiral01

Premium Member
The video does a good job showing how the track and footprint appear in the median of the streets. Compared to traditional raised rail tracks, there is SO much less concrete and building materials needed. It all looks great. Even the tracks alone are a work of art to see in the sky...and you add a Monorail running down the tracks and you have a beautiful sight!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom