Monorail Coral One and Done

COProgressFan

I would argue that this is longer since they have been running 11 monorails for almost 2 years now. So without that extra monrail, how much extra time does that require each of the others run and how many more years does that put on the entire fleet.

A very valid point. I was simply trying to say that age of the trains is not the only issue here. On a proper maintenance schedule, (with proper funding) the trains certainly could have more life in them no matter how many hours they put in each day. It remains to be seen whether Disney is willing to put forward a boatload of cash to refurb the fleet to carry it another 10 or 15 years, or put forth even more cash to upgrade the trains and system entirely.

I'm honestly not sure they are going to choose either option at this point. Based on decisions made at WDW as of late, I see them just putting additional band aids on the problem.

MaryJaneP

Kinda hard to believe that they are building DVC at GF without plans to rehab/refurb/replace monorail system. Seriously, do they expect to expand a monorail resort and have all the guests ride boats? BLT or even DVC at Poly is a different story, but limited transport to MK and other parks at GF. For real?

I hope new trains are being planned, or will be ordered shortly.

MUTZIE77

As a mechanic, I can tell you that regular maintenance goes a very long way. There is a reason they say you should have your oil changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, its so anything that may turn into a major problem is caught early. Companies with fleets like the monorails almost all have a maintenance interval to prevent these monorail like problems. It seems they have forgotten all of that.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I disagree, not that the monorails need fixed, but the majority of guests part. The majority of guests that visit wdw are either first timers or once every few years people. They are mostly not represented here. I get 1 week down there, then it may be 5 years before I come back. Knowing that they are being refurbished for the overall good of the system doesn't make me feel any better. Maybe the fanatical fans could see the big picture, but mist of us would be ticked off and disapointed. That is something that Disney dies not want to do. Thousands of people who don't follow the forums who would find it closed and think that they missed an opportunity on one of the uniqly Disney experiences.

Based on that theory, no attractions should ever be refurbed, because new guests would be disappointed if, say, Space Mountain was closed during their visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom