Monorail Clearing?

Nion4

Original Poster
A few months back I saw this section being cleared (off of World drive across from MGM)

I checked out online, and it looks like its old, it just might have grown through.

Some think its a highway connection (that's coming off the new toll)

But couldn't it also be a monorail path?

image.aspx

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s just a dirt track (possibly service or fire trail)

Yep, the picture is somewhere between mid `98 and mid `99.

It`s no monorail route. Nice to think though!

peter11435

Marni is correct. It is neither a clearing for a monorail or a road. The highway connection from the new toll road will connect at Buena Vista and will not travel to World Drive. Like Marni said it is simply a dirt path, which their are tons of throughout WDW.

TheOneVader

What boggles me is how it says "11/30/1999" at the top of the page, but you still didn't say a definite date of the picture. :p

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
TheOneVader said:
What boggles me is how it says "11/30/1999" at the top of the page, but you still didn't say a definite date of the picture. :p

Always read the small print, Martin.... :lol:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
That's the hide out where the OC sheriffs department clock you doing 85 in 45 zone. Not that I would know anything about that. :rolleyes:

peter11435

mrbillonooo said:
i thought the new toll road from the fla turnpike was coming out at Coronado Springs??
It is sort of. The new toll road will connect the turnpike to I-4 and travel just to the west of WDW. Disney is constructing a new road that will connect the new toll road to Buena Vista Drive just south of Coronado Springs.

peter11435

disneylands said:
google it those satelite pics are taken every year!:)
While not every year, you are correct that there are far more recent satelite photos of the area. However even the images of WDW in the most recent google earth are over 2 years old.

Nion4

Original Poster
Well, I realize its a dirt road, I just thought it was odd that there were re-clearing it, and cleaning it up.

Much like I think its odd how they've cut down a very large section of trees across the street from the golf course nearest Fort Wilderness.

I realize the picture is old, but its been worked on recently, that was my jib.

peter11435

Nion4 said:
Well, I realize its a dirt road, I just thought it was odd that there were re-clearing it, and cleaning it up.

Much like I think its odd how they've cut down a very large section of trees across the street from the golf course nearest Fort Wilderness.

I realize the picture is old, but its been worked on recently, that was my jib.
If you are thinking of the same area near FW that I am those trees were cut down sometime before 1996.

Nion4

Original Poster
Actually, it was cleared after the hurricane season last summer (rolls eyes).

I suppose I'm hallucinating construction traffic.

Let me guess the pond installed a few months back behind Tomorrowland Train station was in fact cleared in '82?

lol

peter11435

Nion4 said:
Actually, it was cleared after the hurricane season last summer (rolls eyes).

I suppose I'm hallucinating construction traffic.

Let me guess the pond installed a few months back behind Tomorrowland Train station was in fact cleared in '82?

lol
There is no Tomorrowland Train station, and yes the land to the south of vista way (the road FW is on) was first cleared almost ten years ago.

Nion4

Original Poster
The clearing you are talking about is not across the street from the Golf Course (which is what I was writing, see above). That section looks to be across the street from Fort Wilderness doesn't it?

There is a dirt pathway (or was a month ago) that crosses the ditch into an opening that was cleared right after the hurricanes came through here last year.

My mistake at being around Disneyland so often. They call it Mickey's Toon Town Fair what have you station here. And behind it they installed a little lagoon last year (across the street from where the subs used to be stored)

Just because you don't catch things, doesn't mean others don't ;)

peter11435

Nion4 said:
The clearing you are talking about is not across the street from the Golf Course (which is what I was writing, see above). That section looks to be across the street from Fort Wilderness doesn't it?

There is a dirt pathway (or was a month ago) that crosses the ditch into an opening that was cleared right after the hurricanes came through here last year.

I guess I just misunderstood where you were talking about. My guess (and thats only a guess) is that the area may have been cleaned out to remove hurricane debris or it may possibly have something to do with their electrical grid expansion. The recently did the same thing (cleared area/dirt path) near victory way and built a new electrical substation.

Nion4 said:
My mistake at being around Disneyland so often. They call it Mickey's Toon Town Fair what have you station here. And behind it they installed a little lagoon last year (across the street from where the subs used to be stored)

Yeah that was done in preparation for the removal of the 20,000 leagues lagoon.

Nion4 said:
Just because you don't catch things, doesn't mean others don't ;)

No need to get smart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom