Monorail Capacity

Justin

Hey everyone! i know this isn't really a manitory thread, but i was just wondering. I cant find the capacity of the monorails, And i was wondering how many people can fit in one monorail? and whats the average monorail Capacity to and from.

Thanks,
Justin

Invero

It really depends on how you look at it.

The maximum "Crush" capacity of a Mark VI Monorail is 364 passengers. 4 guests in the front, and 360 in the back. The way this breaks down is 60 per car, or 30 per half. Each half can seat 12, give or take... that means 18 standing. In order to have 18 standing, there has to be no strollers, and people have to be packed like sardines.

The rated "Normal" capacity is 316... 4 in the front, and 52 per car, or 26 per side. With 12 seated, that leaves 14 standing. Thats still pretty cramped.

TYPICAL capacity would be 244. 4 in the front, and 40 per car, or 20 per half. 10 seated, and 10 standing. Plus of course, all the many strollers. (Strollers really tend to hog a lot of space)

Upvote 0

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I would find that hard to gauge. If there are so many kids, you can fit more people in since kids don't take up as much room. A few people can stand in either end of each car, so that would factor in. If someone in each car has a stroller, that takes up room which would limit the number of people in each. I guess you could get a rough average, but there are too many factors to consider, IMO.

Upvote 0

dreamer

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
...TYPICAL capacity would be 244. 4 in the front, and 40 per car, or 20 per half. 10 seated, and 10 standing. Plus of course, all the many strollers. (Strollers really tend to hog a lot of space)

I've never seen the monorails more packed than this. CM's would have to get pretty aggressive to squeeze in more than 40 per car or so, and then that would delay the trains.

Upvote 0

COProgressFan

Originally posted by dreamer
I've never seen the monorails more packed than this. CM's would have to get pretty aggressive to squeeze in more than 40 per car or so, and then that would delay the trains.

Ever get on the monorail after Illuminations when Epcot closes for the night?!

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by COProgressFan
Ever get on the monorail after Illuminations when Epcot closes for the night?!

The Epcot close is very mild in comparison to the MK... I'd estimate the Epcot trains only get 220-230 per train...

Upvote 0

COProgressFan

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
The Epcot close is very mild in comparison to the MK... I'd estimate the Epcot trains only get 220-230 per train...

Interesting...I assume you mean the Express monorails to the TTC, which admittedly I haven't ridden in quite some time (I usually take the resort monorail). To me, it always seems like they don't run very many monorails on the Epcot line at closing, leaving big waits between trains; and then people really cram in so they don't have to wait for the next train.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by COProgressFan
Interesting...I assume you mean the Express monorails to the TTC, which admittedly I haven't ridden in quite some time (I usually take the resort monorail). To me, it always seems like they don't run very many monorails on the Epcot line at closing, leaving big waits between trains; and then people really cram in so they don't have to wait for the next train.

The Resort Monorail probably only gets 220 as well, since it comes into the MK already half loaded. Can't really get too many people in there.

As for Epcot... they run 3 trains during the Exit... standard compliment... Trains typically run every 3-7 minutes, as usual.

The Epcot exit is never very big... typically lasts just a few trains, if that. Even during busy times, it's never horribly busy. The only people using that train are those going to the Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, or those who have parked at the TTC.

By comparison, the MK Express is typically the primary form of transport to the MK parking... they run 4 trains during the exit. With a dwell time of 60-90 seconds, and the next train coming in 60-90 seconds, they can really move the people.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom