News Monorail Blue updated

Disone

Original Poster
I noticed about two weeks ago monorail blue was out on the line again and now features a silver Delta. The pictures here don't really show the silver very well but I assure you this is not monorail teal. This is monorail blue with a new silver Delta. I also notice it had new LED headlights.

20201030_140840.jpg
20201030_140842_HDR.jpg
Does anyone know if the insides have also been refurbished?

Attachments

• 20201030_140840(1).jpg
    20201030_140840(1).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 230
  • 20201030_140845_HDR.jpg
    20201030_140845_HDR.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

muddyrivers

I wonder why they put a silver delta on the monorail. To me the contrast between the colors seems to make the delta look out of place. Blue and silver doesn't really blend well but blue and white does.

Disone

Original Poster
I wonder why they put a silver delta on the monorail. To me the contrast between the colors seems to make the delta look out of place. Blue and silver doesn't really blend well but blue and white does.
Blue and silver put together quite often in the real world color palette this is not an unusual combination.

I thought it looked really sharp. Clearly they've been experimenting with colorizing many of the Deltas on the trains and adding Delta's to trains that previously did not have them.

Disone

Original Poster
Another train defaced! Looks too much like Teal from a distance.
I honestly thought it looked great. Although you do bring up a point that from a distance it'll be harder to tell the difference between the two. And that kind of is the point of the stripe is it not? To be able to easily identify each train? So I'm not going to invalidate your point. But I still like it.

The one I really did not like and I thought I was going to love was the red on black. I really thought that was going to turn out to be awesome but I didn't really love it. But the black on silver and the silver on blue, I have loved both of those. I think they look awesome!!!

@DisAl , you bring up an excellent question and I have no idea why they're called delta's. But that's what people call them so..... When in Rome do as the Romans I guess.

DisAl

I honestly thought it looked great. Although you do bring up a point that from a distance it'll be harder to tell the difference between the two. And that kind of is the point of the stripe is it not? To be able to easily identify each train? So I'm not going to invalidate your point. But I still like it.

The one I really did not like and I thought I was going to love was the red on black. I really thought that was going to turn out to be awesome but I didn't really love it. But the black on silver and the silver on blue, I have loved both of those. I think they look awesome!!!

@DisAl , you bring up an excellent question and I have no idea why they're called delta's. But that's what people call them so..... When in Rome do as the Romans I guess.
That's probably what caused the fall of Rome; confusing deltas with trapezoids. ;)

Monorail_Red

@DisAl
The short answer is yes. While the new Blue & Silver deltas do look sharp (and even Black is pretty cool - gives a Star Wars feel to it) the color stripes were very purposeful, so back in the day you could do a decent job of identifying a train from a distance and knowing where your train was in sequence.

For example, Coral's (sloppy) white deltas would distinguish it from the former Pink in the daytime, and the other lighter color stripes at night. Lime's blue deltas (the one train they got correct on for a change, as they were originally blue before a repaint in late 90's/early 2000's), would distinguish it from Green in the day and a brighter shaded color stripe at night.

For the solid colors - Silver & Gold for example, the two darker stripes that have somewhat of contrasting a metallic shine to them. The red outline on Black is there to help distinguish it from the darker matte stripes, such as Red, Orange and formally Purple at night.

The one train that actually needs a delta is Peach. Back before the automation, there was trouble distinguishing it from Yellow day or night.

Now with the automation all the trains can be the same color, since I don't think they really use visuals anymore. But I don't think there's any harm in sticking with the color pallet so the pilots have the colors to help spot trains while in the pilot's seat.

I think an interesting question is, are they going to change the monorail costumes again to match the new train colors. The new costume has a patch of each train's stripe, which will be inaccurate now.

ImperfectPixie

I noticed about two weeks ago monorail blue was out on the line again and now features a silver Delta. The pictures here don't really show the silver very well but I assure you this is not monorail teal. This is monorail blue with a new silver Delta. I also notice it had new LED headlights.

View attachment 511415View attachment 511416Does anyone know if the insides have also been refurbished?
Mind if I share these? (With credit, of course!)

begood524

Little bit off topic, but now that park hopping is back on, do we think the monorail between EPCOT and the TTC will return?

Disone

Original Poster
I think that the generaI, waiting for Park hopping to return before returning the Epcot line to operation has been the general consensus or at least expectation. It certainly is my guess that it will reopen with Park hopping but only time will tell. I do find it interesting that they did not mention the account monorail returning to operation. They've mentioned Park hopping returning oh, they mentioned a few restaurants reopening. So they seem to be mentioning the things that are opening and returning. So even though it's my guess that the Epcot line would return, perhaps their silence is an indication that at this time they don't intend to bring it back yet? We shall see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom