Monorail Black to get Star Wars promo window decoration

rucifee

Meh. It wouldn't have cost them much more to do it right:

ZH5IDHb.jpg

Jahona

Meh. It wouldn't have cost them much more to do it right:

ZH5IDHb.jpg

Actually it would. Window Clings are fairly easy to accomplish. The templates are straight forward. When you do a full wrap you have several creative complications to solve. I've not worked on a wrap for a monorail but I have done work for box trucks, containers, and buses.

rucifee

Actually it would. Window Clings are fairly easy to accomplish. The templates are straight forward. When you do a full wrap you have several creative complications to solve. I've not worked on a wrap for a monorail but I have done work for box trucks, containers, and buses.

If your movie marketing budget was approaching $500,000,000 would you be able to get it done? ;)

Jahona

If your movie marketing budget was approaching $500,000,000 would you be able to get it done? ;)

Marketing had a budget of roughly 200 million dollars. Figure most of that was for paid tv spots and trailers. Windows on the monorail installed 24 days before the film was probably a later decision with funds left over after the initial expenditures.

rucifee

Then you'd also know that Star Wars doesn't need the in your face promotion the previous wraps have been like. The Star Wars name sells itself and it's much classier not having a monorail garishly wrapped.

Is that why TWDC has spent more than $200 million dollars in advertising?

rucifee

Marketing had a budget of roughly 200 million dollars. Figure most of that was for paid tv spots and trailers. Windows on the monorail installed 24 days before the film was probably a later decision with funds left over after the initial expenditures.

You're right, my mistake. It was "only" $200 million dollars. :)

Jahona

ABQ

I like it. It really brings out the rust showing from the access panels.
I saw that as well, but then thought, hmm, sort of looks like the vehicles from the original movie. I mean, cruising around a dust bowl doesn't leave most vehicles looking pristine. I know, I know, I should be completely disheartened with the condition of the monorail(s) and I am, but meh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom