• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

modifying reservation after the offer has ended

Disney Stine

Original Poster
Hi everyone,
I've recently booked the free dining offer for July. Right now I'm positive about my dates currently booked, but I was wondering if something comes up and you have to modify your dates after an offer has ended, are you able to or do you lose out on your offer?

Example - The dining offer ends Feb 10th, if I have an original reservation booked the first week of August and decide in March I want to change to mid July, would my reservation turn into a regular package and have to pay for dining OR will Disney keep my offer (the free dining) and just make me pay for the change in hotel/ticket prices?

Please let me know if anyone has experience with this, thanks!

monothingie

Ridiculous Protector of the Status Quo
Premium Member
Advertisement
Hi everyone,
I've recently booked the free dining offer for July. Right now I'm positive about my dates currently booked, but I was wondering if something comes up and you have to modify your dates after an offer has ended, are you able to or do you lose out on your offer?

Example - The dining offer ends Feb 10th, if I have an original reservation booked the first week of August and decide in March I want to change to mid July, would my reservation turn into a regular package and have to pay for dining OR will Disney keep my offer (the free dining) and just make me pay for the change in hotel/ticket prices?

Please let me know if anyone has experience with this, thanks!
I believe so long as the original reservation number is not canceled you are good to go. I don’t know what happens if you decide to change resorts in the likely chance the new dates are not available at your current resort. I believe the allotment of free dining rooms is a rather small one and they tend to sell out quickly.

DisAl

I think you would be ok as long as you don't move outside the offer dates. For example if an offer is for stays beginning August 1 and you move you stay to July 1 you would probably loose the offer.

Think Tink

It depends if they have availability on the dates that you are looking to move to. I have had to change dates before and sometimes they still have the discount available for my new dates, sometimes they don't. They only set a certain amount of rooms that have the discount available at each resort and once they are gone for those dates, they are gone.

Hope this helps!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you need to change dates or hotel after a promo such as free dining ends you can as long as there is still availability under that promo. If you are going from a Value to Value or a Moderate to a Moderate and so forth the reservations CM's can do that. If you are switching from a Value to a Moderate or deluxe then guest services will need to take care of that since the codes will then change due to the fact that you get free quick service with the value and the others is the plus dine. Hopefully that explains it for you

Pam

Disney Stine

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the answers.

One more question... I know when you book Cinderella's Royal Table you prepay in full at the time of booking the reservation. How does that work with the dining plan? Do you still prepay and they refund you after the meal or do you somehow "use" your credits before the trip even starts.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the answers.

One more question... I know when you book Cinderella's Royal Table you prepay in full at the time of booking the reservation. How does that work with the dining plan? Do you still prepay and they refund you after the meal or do you somehow "use" your credits before the trip even starts.
[If your experience is like ours, albeit from 2014]: They will refund you after the meal, if you use your DDP credits to pay for it when the check is presented to you. Disney doesn't want to assume that just because you have the DDP, you'll be using your credits for that particular meal, so they require prepayment ahead, just as if you didn't have the DDP. [Again, this is how it worked for us in 2014. If the policy has changed, I'm sure someone will hop in and clarify.]

Note that it's not unusual, however, for them to ALSO pre-deduct the DDP credits for a "prepayment required" meal a day or two before your reservation, but if you end up paying out of pocket, those credits will go back into your DDP. (We had this happen with the Hoop-Dee-Doo before, another meal for which you must prepay -- we suddenly saw our TS credit totals plummet on our second vacation day for no discernible reason, but Guest Services explained that the deducted credits were for the HDD meal we had booked for the following night. They said that if we ended up paying for the HDD meal out of pocket, those credits would be refunded to our DDP. There was a long, convoluted explanation for why they did it that way, but I no longer remember the specifics.)

Last edited:

nickys

If you need to change dates or hotel after a promo such as free dining ends you can as long as there is still availability under that promo. If you are going from a Value to Value or a Moderate to a Moderate and so forth the reservations CM's can do that. If you are switching from a Value to a Moderate or deluxe then guest services will need to take care of that since the codes will then change due to the fact that you get free quick service with the value and the others is the plus dine. Hopefully that explains it for you

Pam
Pam, I thought they changed the dining plan now so that values and moderates get the QS dining plan, and only deluxes get the Table version?

Or is that just in the U.K.?

Top Bottom