• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Modifying for vegetarians?

AugieMorosco

Original Poster
We are taking our first WDW trip in July. We are both vegetarian and I am curious if modifying QS meals through the app is an option. For example, we have an ADR at BOG for breakfast. If we wanted to place an order for Feast A La Gaston, but without any meat, could that be done through the MDE app mobile ordering?

We also have ADRs for Garden Grill and Storybook Dining. Is it easy to request vegetarian for prix-fixe meals with the server or should I do this in advance somehow? I'd like to not be a headache for any cast members.

StarWarsGirl

Advertisement
You can always call dining and see if they'll note on your reservations that you're a vegetarian. It should not be too difficult; Disney is a master with dealing with dietary needs for different people. CMs hear about food allergies, vegans, gluten-free diets, etc, all the time.

For mobile ordering, entrees that are vegan are marked accordingly; however, if you have any concerns, you should go talk to a CM at the location.

figmentfan423

Welcome aboard @AugieMorosco! I'm a full on vegan and modifying on mobile order isn't doable as of now but @StarWarsGirl is correct most vegan dishes are marked accordingly. Now for the good news Disney does a great job as I'm full on vegan and gf and never went hungry. That being said GG was by far my least favorite experience!!!!!! In EPCOT Tangerine Café, Sunshine Seasons, Rose and Crown and Spice Road Table were my favorites ps feel free to PM me with any questions
Paging @bee

Last edited:

dreamfinder

As a PP said, any menu choices available for dietary restrictions are flagged directly in MDE, but there are no options to modify beyond basics like dressing on top or on side. Disney is good with modifying meals. Unless you have a lot of dietary needs, IE multiple food allergies, or some that are really rare, they won't be able to help you in advance. Pretty much every TS location will have at least one option to meet all the major dietary needs, some have several. I've done plenty of trips as a vegetarian, and the only place I got a cop out meal was at the predecessor to Monsieur Paul (several veggie side dishes was all they offered).

Phonedave

I would ask about garden grill.

I don't know if you eat fish or not, and if you avoid things such as dairy in baked goods, but depending on how strict you are, GG could end up being salad and green beans for you. I don't know if they offer meatless protein option or not, but you may want to check ahead of time.

Hey! For BOG I usually pre-order the croque monsieur and when I get there tell them I want it without ham. (This way you still go through the pre-order line) Garden Grill they will bring you out a vegetarian skillet if you ask when you order (much of the same food but they do a meatless loaf) and while I havent been I have seen that they have vegetarian starters for Storybook dining so it should be the same thing to just tell your server when ordering.

AugieMorosco

Original Poster
Hey! For BOG I usually pre-order the croque monsieur and when I get there tell them I want it without ham. (This way you still go through the pre-order line) Garden Grill they will bring you out a vegetarian skillet if you ask when you order (much of the same food but they do a meatless loaf) and while I havent been I have seen that they have vegetarian starters for Storybook dining so it should be the same thing to just tell your server when ordering.
Thanks. The vegetarian starters at Storybook seem to be the favorites, so hopefully they double up on those!

Qscout

Check out vegandisneyworld.com, it isnt all vegan offers good advice on vegetarian as well. It lists all eating locations and details the meat free options, many of them aren't advertised on the menu boards. I am looking forward to our upcoming trip way more than the last time with the knowledge of everywhere we can eat.

Especially now I know you can get a meat free dog from Caseys corner, and meat free bangers and mash or meat free fish and chips at the rose and crown.

The problem is we now have too big an choice and the list of places we must eat is getting longer than the number of days we are there.

You can't make amendments through ordering food on the MDE app, but it does list all the allergy friendly options, so if anyone is vegan can select the dairy/egg free option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom