Moderates

copcarguyp71

We also did Deluxes for three trips but stepped down to mods for budget. If you ask 20 different disneyphiles you will get 10 different opinions though. FOr our money we really like Coronado Springs. There are some who say it is big but truthfully we have never had a problem with that. Four bus stops that never really seem crowded a great pool and tropical feel along with some quiet pools make it a very relaxing resort. Bottom line...if you can walk the parks all day then you can walk five minutes at a leisurely pace to get to the front desk with no problem.

I think all of the mods have suffered a bit of a decline in QS and CS dining though so be sure that you are prepared for that. Not the end of the world but good to know and somewhat disappointing if you are not prepared for it. We stayed in 2012 and returned in 2013 but the difference in food options, taste and overall selection was rather surprising. If you are like us though it really is just a place to crash in exhaustion;)

Disneydreamer23

I guess I will be the Odd ball and say CBR I love the grounds they are beautiful and by the time you go the whole ( or close to it) will be renovated. I love CB!
020.JPG

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 55

Epcot82Guy

Having stayed at all of them, my vote goes to Coronado Springs as well. I really, really enjoyed my stay there this May. I will say that POR is a close second - and all 4 are nice enough. But, the details at CSR make it feel a bit more like a deluxe resort.

You might also consider Swan & Dolphin. If they have a deal going, it can often be similarly priced to the Moderates. You would have to pay for your shuttle to/from the airport, but both resorts are very fun, and the location can't be beat! (Swan is my personal go to, if you couldn't tell. haha)

Dog Ate Mouse

All the moderate resorts have something to offer and it really depends what themeing/style that you prefer. Here are mine in order:

1) PORS - I love the southern feel and love the food court and quiet pools. Love the main lobby and the gift shop and Bar with Piano time. The grounds is beautiful and always well maintained, Can get a Boat to DTD and can go on a Bass Fishing Trip, Cane Pole Fishing, Bike Rentals and Boat Rentals.

2) Corando - Close second for me and this resort has really nice theming and the Pool is just wonderful and alot of fun. This resort is huge and well kept for it's size. Can't go wrong choosing this resort. Dining is good, nice Gift shop, Beers and wines available in the evening around 5:00 PM and just a very relaxing pleasent atmoshpere with a nice desrt & South West Atmosphere

3) CB - Extremely colorful and large in size. The atmoshpere is very upbeat and makes you want to smile and be in a good mood. The island theming is wondeful and the staff I found to always be pleasent. The Food court was good and they had typical dishes that some of the other resorts had and a few things that were differrent. Would I stay there again, yes, I did love the pool theme and felt this was a pleasent get away hidden by some really nice Island feeling.

4) PORFQ - This is the smallest of the moderates and very quaint and clean. If your into the Big Easy Madi-Gra theming then this place is for you. It has a well done touch of the French Quarter and nice pool. Share the Boat with PORS to get you to down town disney. A nice walkway joins the to propperties if you want to go to riverside to try their food court as well. This resort is rally nice and clean and the staff tries their best to make you feel at home and enjopy your stay.

Now I did list the resorts in order to my families own preferance for theming. So this is our favorite by theming and things we liked the best about the resorts. Honestly if it came down to just being able to stay at just one resort with no choice I would stay at any of them. I really feel the moderates are well done, offer the biggest bang for the buck and has a lot to do. This is important to us because we are not at the parks every minute of the day and truly love to do things at the resorts too. It's also nice that some nights just have dinner at the resort and go to DTD and play and walk around. We most of the time go for 10 days and 10 nights so we have learned to pace ourselves and truly enjoy all the resorts and parks have to offer.

Epcot-Rules

I can only give an opinion on CSR. I have never stayed at POR. CSR does have that deluxe feel to it. I stayed there in June of 2009 with the whole family for 6 days and liked it so much that I stayed there again on a November business trip for 5 days. It is a beautiful place, especially at night. The down side is that it is so spread out. Depending on where your room is, you could be walking a half mile to get to the food court or main lobby area. The pool is really nice, equipped with a water slide and poolside bar.

Beiste1

My favorite Moderate Resort is Port Orleans Riverside.
POR oct 2010 VI.jpg
Above is a picture of Alligator Bayou from a bridge crossing the Sassagoula River
P1000981.JPG
Above is a picture of the main buildings looking across the Sassagoula River from the mansions located in Magnolia Bend. Partiere Place Houses the Royal Guest Rooms.
P1000942.JPG
One of my favorite places to relax... Ol' Man Island. On Ol' Man Island you will find the themed pool complete with slide and water features, Muddy Rivers, which is the pool bar, a playground, a catch and release fishin' hole and a fire pit for roasting marshmallows in the evenings.

**************************************************************************************************************************
My 2nd favorite is Port Orleans French Quarter--- a representation of a beautified New Orleans French Quarter with all of the lively colors of Mardi Grai--- it has one dedicated bus stop, which is unlike any of the other moderate resorts. It is a smaller resort so it is easy to get around, good for younger families, and I think it has the best food court---- Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory. The Pool is called Doubloon Lagoon and is a favorite for the kids. The Sassagoula River connects Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Downtown Disney (soon to be known as Disney Springs). Between the 2 Port Orleans Properties there are 2 themed pools, 5 quiet pools, 3 hot tubs, 2 arcades, 2 playgrounds, 2 pool bars, 2 food courts, 2 lounges, and one full service restaurant and guests of either can use whichever amenities they desire.
Sea Serpent Slide II.JPG
IMG_52631.jpg
This is a picture of one of the buildings from the Sassagoula River

**************************************************************************************************************************
My 3rd favorite is The Caribbean Beach Resort- has the newest pool with zero entry, relaxing hammocks on the beach, vibrant colors, & the rooms are larger than the other moderate resorts . It also has themed rooms representing the Pirates of the Caribbean. The Caribbean Beach represents different islands in the Caribbean including Martinique, Trinidad, Jamaica, Aruba and Barbados. Old Port Royale Centertown is where the restaurant, food court, game room, main pool and recreation activities are located. Unlike the other moderates, there is a separate area for check in and concierge called The Custom House. Below is Jamaica and the themed pool Fuentes del Morro
caribbean-beach-740-1.jpg
Disneys-Caribbean-Beach-Resort_Full_8384.jpg

And last, but not least is Coronado Springs- it is a more adult oriented resort. It is the only moderate to have a convention center and workout room. It also has a nightclub called Rix Lounge. It has 3 distinct guest areas... The Casitas- like urban townhomes, the Cabanas- more beachy and El Rancho- desert like. The Pool is called The Dig Site
DSC_0030.jpg
100_2106.JPG

Attachments

• 100_2106.JPG
    100_2106.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 37

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom