Moderate/Value Resort Thoughts...

ekutchey

Original Poster
We are looking to come down to Disney for a three night “quick” visit in March 2019 (during the week). We are only looking to visit Epcot and HS (may visit MK for a short bit). We have only ever stayed at WL for our long trips, with this being such a short visit we are looking at a Moderate or Value Resort. Any thoughts...pros/cons?

wagner1225

Wilderness Lodge has always been our Favorite but last trip to AOA was a nice change, we were four adults and its themed towards kids, but still its an nice place, we did stay in a Suite...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We stay at WL during the winter and YC/BC in the summer. That said, we stayed at Coronado Springs last trip and I thought it was a perfectly good substitute. The only issue is that it's not really close to any parks. That, and it's a convention hotel, so you can find it a little weird at mealtimes and evenings. Oh, and there's that huge building they're putting in right now.

But other than that, we thought it was very comfortable and a good value for the price.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
For value, I like the Pop Century, for moderate the POR is a wonderful resort.

Why not opt for the boardwalk (though its not a value or moderate), and you can then walk to Epcot? Perhaps the lava at Mustafar burned my brain, but I can justify a short stay at luxury resort easier then a longer stay. Plus it avoids the buses for one of the parks you want to visit :)

daisyduckie

I agree with Darth Vader. For going to Epcot and the Studios you can't beat being somewhere on the boardwalk. You have a year to save up for it, so I would go for any resort in that area.

If you still don't want to spring for a deluxe, POR is a great resort and very close to Epcot.

Dreaming of Disney World

I'll put a plug in for value resorts. We stayed at All Star Music and loved it! The theme/decorations were cute and fun and really made me feel like I was in the middle of Disney World. Room and amenities were fine. The food at the food court was much better than I expected.

PoppinsFan

We've stayed at Riverside several times, and love it! We're staying at French Quarter for the first time in a few weeks. We love the boat ride to Disney Springs! With that being said we stayed at Yacht Club & Boardwalk last Summer and LOVED being able to walk to both Epcot & Hollywood Studios. The location of those resorts can't be beat :)

Mot

We have stayed at all the Value Resorts. For suites you might like AOA. We like Pop and Movies. Movies is a quieter Value resort when you stay further away from the pool area. They are all great when all you need is a place to lay your head.

bee

Another vote for the Swolphin. I have stayed at every Disney moderate resort at least once, and every value resort except for All-Star Movies at least once. I would pick the Swan or Dolphin every time, especially for a short trip. You can often get a room for the same as or less than you'd pay for a Disney moderate, but you get a bigger, nicer room with a room entrance from an indoor hallway. Each hotel is just one building so you just have to go to the appropriate floor for amenities (lobby, restaurants, stores, etc.), or across the short walkway to the other hotel if you want to do something there. You get the convenience of walking or boating to Epcot and HS without paying the premium of the Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Club. If you are a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) member you can often get a room discount by booking through the SPG site.

larandtra

Ive got mixed opinions. For any trip I do a comparison- Value, Vs Moderate, Vs Deluxe, VS DVC rental points, Vs Springs, Vs Off site non Springs. I look at how long we are staying and what the focus of the trip is and then decide how much im willing to pay for it. Whether I want EMH or not, etc. Moderates have value most of the time. Coronado, Riverside are the two that seem to have the best value for what you pay. AoA is a nice resort but a bit more of a Moderate price for a "value" resort. Movies has always been pretty consistent. You just have to pay attention to schedules so you know if it is overrun with tour groups or sports events while you are there. What Ive discovered a lot of time is that if Im wanting to stay in Moderate or Deluxe, Usually a Studio through DVC or Davids DVC rentals is always a better deal. If I dont care about "on property" and for a short weekend trip just want something close by but with perks "emh", then Ill always look at Springs resorts and compare vs Value resorts. The reality is I would rarely if ever stay in a Deluxe without using DVC rental points unless the AP discount is just too good to pass up. I think the deluxe resorts are nice but it costs a great deal to stay there on just the typical rack rate. Where to stay always involves doing your homework.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom