Moderate Resorts

gram1554

This year we stayed at CBR. We loved the resort but did not like having to take an internal bus to get to the food court or the check in desk. I would like to know if you stay at Riverside is the food court and front desking walking distance from the rooms.

Rob562

While POR is *almost* as big as CBR in terms of rooms (2048 vs 2112, the difference is one Aligator Bayou building-worth of rooms), the larger 3-story Mansions help to compact the amount of space they take up. (The Aligator Bayou buildings are essentially re-themed copies of the CBR buildings).

Using Gmaps Pedometer, I struggled to find a Guest room at POR that's more than 0.25 miles from the food court (The southern-most rooms in Parterre Place are 0.2516 miles)
Compare that to CBR where Barbados Building 11 is .3221 miles from the food court, Aruba 56 is .3257, and Trinidad South 39 is a whopping .4599 miles!

(And compare all those to the farthest distance at the All-Stars, .2652 miles from the Music food court to the farthest room in Country Bldg 5...)

The official map of Riverside should give you a good idea of the layout of the resort. You can find it on AllEars.
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/portorleansmap.jpg
Note that it's drawn pretty well to scale. And for reference of scale, each of the small squares that make up the Aligator Bayou buildings is 4 rooms wide.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Phonedave

PO:R is a little more compact, but .... the big difference at least to me is that the front desk and the "main building" are all one in the same at PO:R. CBR is nice, and I really did like it, until check out time came and I had to go over to the customs house instead of hanging out at the main building. I like PO:R better.

-dave

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

This year we stayed at CBR. We loved the resort but did not like having to take an internal bus to get to the food court or the check in desk. I would like to know if you stay at Riverside is the food court and front desking walking distance from the rooms.
Yes, they are w/ in walking distance.
Some are further than others.
We stayed in bldg. #16 (I believe) in the summer of 2006 & the walk was not bad.

Upvote 0

Lucky

If you're worried about walking distance you might consider POFQ, or paying extra for the preferred (closer) building at CB. In any case put in a request for a room near the food court and check in , and you may get lucky.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom