Moderate Resort?

RAMBLER5678

Due to my wife wanting to go back to school. We have decieded to stay at a moderate resort instead of a deluxe.We stayed at the CS in Feb and would like to experence another of the resorts. We would love to hear recommendations on the other moderate resorts. We will have our 7 month old daughter so we like a resort thats easy to get around.THANKS.:)

PO-FQ is the smallest moderate with about 1000 rooms, but it no longer has a sit-down restaurant. If that doesn't matter to you, then this may be a good bet. CBR is a great resort and gotta love the tropical music being piped in at Port Royale...If you pay the preferred rate (not much more a night), you can get either Martinique or Trinidad North which are located right near Port Royale (Food court, sit-down restaurant, merchandise, themed pool).

Good luck to you wherever you choose.

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

I highly reccomend the Caribbean Beach Resort. The ambiance is the best. There is a sit down restaurant as well as a great food court. If you don't mind the walk, get a room in Aruba or Jamaica. To get to CentreTown, you walk across an island.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Deb luvs Disney

We stayed at Carribbean Beach last summer and liked it. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last month and liked it even better! It is really pretty and the food court was nicer than the one at CBR. Also, the boat ride from POR to Downtown Disney is nice. The rooms are identically shaped and sized just decorated differently. We stayed in Alligator Bayou building 36 and it was nice. A quiet pool right outside the room and a nice walk to the main pool. Also, the pool at Ol' Man Island was nicer than the one at CBR in my opinion. Although we didn't eat there I hear the restaurant, Boatrights, is very good.

You can't go wrong with either CBR or POR, but we preferred POR just a bit!

Have fun!

Upvote 0

KUNZEWORLD

PO-FQ!!! I have stayed there twice and its really nice and quiet. As far as sit down eating goes hop on a boat and in minutes your at downtown disney. We really missed that feature at the Poly last time.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

We absolutely love POR. It is great and we bring our toddler. After more than 10 stays, we have never had a bad visit to POR. We have tried others, even deluxe resorts, but we still return to POR. :)

Upvote 0

murphy

POR!! The landscaping is beautiful, the refurbed rooms are very nice, the cm,s are excellent the atmosphere is very relaxing and enjoyable! The food court is very good and the boat to DTD is great! Which ever one you choose, please have a magical time!!!

Upvote 0

TnkrBelPixiDust

I personally love POR!!! I think the architecture is beautiful and the rooms are awesome... the landscaping is sooo pretty! Also you can get a boatride from the resort to DTD so it makes for a nice boat ride!! Hope this helped and enjoy your trip! :lol:

Upvote 0

Kadee

POR is my favorite moderate resort. My family loved it. We stayed at CB after we stayed at POR and did not like it. It doesn't even compare to POR. It was too busy and the walk to the main building was WAY too far and as someone else stated, the food court is not as good as POR. Both the Bayou and Mansion rooms are great.

Upvote 0

Disneyland1970

Doing a quick tally in my head, I believe we have stayed at all the moderates in the last 2 years...and my vote goes to POR! We just love the atmosphere,boat to DTD,rooms....everything! Trying to get there in Sept for a weekend. We have a 4 year old that loves the pool :)

Upvote 0

jeffs10

I stayed at Co and Cbr Like both i would really recemend cbr with the lake in the middle with white sand beaches the tropcial theme is great If you never stayed there i have stayed there 3 times and love it. I staying this sept in riverside so i dont know much yet about it. let us know what you choose

Upvote 0

BigNorm

By far POR is the my favourite moderate resort. Love it! If you've already patronized CS, your best bet is POR. It has everything you need: good food, charming grounds and a romantic atmosphere. Check it out!

Upvote 0

My-Pyes

HI, I absolutely love, love, love POR. Magnolia Bend has that best rooms. It is very scenetic and has two pools very close to the rooms. The rooms are a good size for being a moderate resort. The riverside mill is also a great place to eat! I have not had a bad meal there ever. I really love their cheeseburgers!!! Hope you have a wonderful time, wish I was going soon.:mad:

Upvote 0

Debbie

If you went in February, then I assume you have an annual passport. Wait and see what Passholder discounts are announced; usually around October. This past December, I got POR for $77.00 with my annual pass. I was so pleased with this resort. I've stayed at CBR, but it's been 10+years since I last stayed there; and I would stay again. You should be quite happy with POR or CBR, and with this board having alot of POR lovers; come on/ give it a try/ you won't be disappointed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom