Model of New Fantasyland

RAXIP

Where is the Beast's Castle? I thought that was a part of the plans for new Fantasyland? Is that just part of the decoration for a new restaurant or some kind of new attraction on its own, or was that idea scrapped?

The castle, a forced perspective minature, is just to the left of "Be Our Guest Restaurant" on the model.

Well at least for now. It's good to know that if they ever decide to add an attraction there will be space.

Space? What space?

PurpleRose

20K was only in WDW, the DL version was a regular sub ride. After WDW opened we got the cooler 20K giant squid version.

20K was based on a Disneyland ride called Submarine Voyage. The differences between them was Captain Nemo and the Nautilus. Now I never rode the DL ride but I am told it's very similiar. Submarine Voyage closed in 1998 and was refurbed as the Finding Nemo sub ride.

SeaCastle

:shrug:

Specifics are are always encouraged here.

The area you mentioned is deemed unsuitable by the Reedy Creek Improvement District. It may also be a conservation area if I'm not mistaken. Furthermore, the area immediately behind the new facilities will be a retention pond. They are represented by red boxes in the following image. There are other, much more suitable plots inside and outside the berm of the Magic Kingdom that will be used before that land would be.

To my knowledge, there are no plans to push back the expansion any farther north, so don't count on any construction there.

fland.jpg

jt04

The area you mentioned is deemed unsuitable by the Reedy Creek Improvement District. It may also be a conservation area if I'm not mistaken. Furthermore, the area immediately behind the new facilities will be a retention pond. They are represented by red boxes in the following image. There are other, much more suitable plots inside and outside the berm of the Magic Kingdom that will be used before that land would be.

To my knowledge, there are no plans to push back the expansion any farther north, so don't count on any construction there.

fland.jpg

Could you provide a link where you found the information that indicates those two red boxes are conservation areas or unsuitable to build on?

The photo you provided does not exactly look official. And I believe they just drained the pond on the right of the photo. Where the 20K building was they converted to a retention pond (dry in the photo) but the new LM building will be placed on that footprint. The building going in at DCA is shaped just like that plot oddly enough. :lookaroun

Hmmm, I wonder why?:lol:

By the way, I believe the red box on the left is just about where the bus loop will go. I wouldn't be suprised if it's already been bulldozed in preperation.

WDWExplorer

Banned
the pond on the right is not drained, but they are building out over there.. bull dozers everywhere.. looks like they are building a new facilities entrance on that side.. from what I understand, the entrance behind toon town may be re-routed... that would be REALLY difficult considering the rail lines in the area

jt04

the pond on the right is not drained, but they are building out over there.. bull dozers everywhere.. looks like they are building a new facilities entrance on that side.. from what I understand, the entrance behind toon town may be re-routed... that would be REALLY difficult considering the rail lines in the area

Somebody had photos posted of a drained pond so I'm not sure where that was now. Also, I was suprised they are clearing over there since that is not touched when the drawing is overlayed on the google map. Could be new parking or support facilities. I don't think most folks are grasping how big this expansion is.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Somebody had photos posted of a drained pond so I'm not sure where that was now. Also, I was suprised they are clearing over there since that is not touched when the drawing is overlayed on the google map. Could be new parking or support facilities. I don't think most folks are grasping how big this expansion is.

I know it will be big, but I'm curious as how much it will increase the capacity of the park. I know this can only be guesstimated as Disney is quite tight lipped when it comes to figures like this.

jt04

I know it will be big, but I'm curious as how much it will increase the capacity of the park. I know this can only be guesstimated as Disney is quite tight lipped when it comes to figures like this.

If I was guessing I'd say 20% to 25% if just considering area, and the same once PH opens when considering guest capacity.

Even more if there is ever a phase 3.

Lee

Adventurer
I know it will be big, but I'm curious as how much it will increase the capacity of the park.
Eh....capacity will increase mostly due to Mermaid which, being an omnimover, will eat people at a pretty good clip. The restaurant will also provide much needed dining capacity. Everything else....not a lot really.

If I was guessing I'd say 20% to 25% if just considering area,
Considering area, that still may be a bit much. Lots of room back there, but not all of it will be guest-accessable.
As far as ride capacity....as I said, Mermaid will help. The M&Gs....not at all. If 20% more guests decided for some reason to come into the MK to go to the M&Gs.....it would be a catastrophe. Like I stated in another thread, there are already huge capacity issues with those "attractions" without factoring in an attendance increase.(Which I still maintain will be small.) Lots of hand-wringing going on already about capacity back there. Potential nightmare.

RSoxNo1

Is it safe to assume that the scope of the Pixie Hollow attraction will be somewhat contingent on capacity demand based on Phase 1? Meaning that if the attendance increase is substantial, the Pixie Hollow additions will be more substantial in terms of guest capacity?

Lee

Adventurer
Is it safe to assume that the scope of the Pixie Hollow attraction will be somewhat contingent on capacity demand based on Phase 1? Meaning that if the attendance increase is substantial, the Pixie Hollow additions will be more substantial in terms of guest capacity?
Unknown.
None of the concepts for PH that I have heard of, ranging from M&Gs to a dark ride, would be what I would consider "high capacity". Any little bit helps, sure, but I wouldn't say PH would dramatically increase capacity in any way.

RSoxNo1

Unknown.
None of the concepts for PH that I have heard of, ranging from M&Gs to a dark ride, would be what I would consider "high capacity". Any little bit helps, sure, but I wouldn't say PH would dramatically increase capacity in any way.

Is it conceivable that the # of these attractions would vary based on capacity needs? So while no singular high capacity attraction would exist in Pixie Hollow you may get multiple B/C tickets like a low capacity dark ride and the Tow Mater's Jamboree Style ride pictured in the model that made the rounds not long ago.

Of course ideally, I'd much rather see the approach that seems to be on the table at Disneyland where muliple large capacity D/E-Tickets are in the early stages as they aim for a significant capacity increase.

SeaCastle

Could you provide a link where you found the information that indicates those two red boxes are conservation areas or unsuitable to build on?

The photo you provided does not exactly look official. And I believe they just drained the pond on the right of the photo. Where the 20K building was they converted to a retention pond (dry in the photo) but the new LM building will be placed on that footprint. The building going in at DCA is shaped just like that plot oddly enough. :lookaroun

Hmmm, I wonder why?:lol:

By the way, I believe the red box on the left is just about where the bus loop will go. I wouldn't be suprised if it's already been bulldozed in preperation.

The picture is not official. It was an approximation of where the ponds will go based on the drainage plans. Here's a screenshot of the plans:

fanlandexp.jpg

The 20,000 Leagues site retention pond was usually dry. The pond next to Toontown Fair Station was always full of water (to my knowledge). That pond is drained to expand it to the southeast. I know the optimist in all of us would like to believe the land will be used for a brand new E-ticket, but that is not the reality.

The RCID Comprehensive Plan was posted here. Since the site is down for maintenance, I will post the comprehensive plan here if there is demand for it.

Lee

Adventurer
Is it conceivable that the # of these attractions would vary based on capacity needs? So while no singular high capacity attraction would exist in Pixie Hollow you may get multiple B/C tickets like a low capacity dark ride and the Tow Mater's Jamboree Style ride pictured in the model that made the rounds not long ago.
I have never heard of a plan to add more than one ride to PH, or any other potential Phase 2 of the expansion. The "Tow Mater" ride and the dark ride have never existed together in the same plan. It has always been one or the other plus a M&G.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom