Mobile Magic iPhone App now available for UK and Canadian based iPhones

lebeau

And I still can't get it for my wife's Android! :cry:

Yes, I know it's available on some Android phones. Just not any that are supported by our phone carrier.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not working for me so far, must not be available in Ireland:shrug:

If they just got it on the app store there it may take a while to be available to everyone. If you hit a server that has not been refreshed yet it shows as not available.

G00fyDad

And I still can't get it for my wife's Android! :cry:

Yes, I know it's available on some Android phones. Just not any that are supported by our phone carrier.

Root the phone then it doesn't matter what carrier you have. Takes about a minute. ;) I did it and it works great.

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
I have it now :) Yay

May sound like a stupid question, but would I actually be able to use this WDW or would I get ridiculous data roaming charges because my phone is from the UK?

bhg469

Root the phone then it doesn't matter what carrier you have. Takes about a minute. ;) I did it and it works great.

If the .apk is available somewhere you may not even have to root. Side loading is a great thng! I really recommend an application called airdroid for pulling apks off. It is my new favorite toy. I can't believe its free, its that good.
Even if you don't use it for that its so handy.

G00fyDad

If the .apk is available somewhere you may not even have to root. Side loading is a great thng! I really recommend an application called airdroid for pulling apks off. It is my new favorite toy. I can't believe its free, its that good.
Even if you don't use it for that its so handy.

Yeah. I suppose a sideloader app would be good to have. I just prefer to go ahead and root because some apps require it, like Wireless Tether.

bhg469

Yeah. I suppose a sideloader app would be good to have. I just prefer to go ahead and root because some apps require it, like Wireless Tether.

Yeah that's the main reason I'm rooted. Roms are neat but really its impossible to get one that I like for everything.

I wish the wdw magic app would go android. I will never use an iphone again after knowing how much the phone cannot do because apple won't let it.

G00fyDad

Yeah that's the main reason I'm rooted. Roms are neat but really its impossible to get one that I like for everything.

I wish the wdw magic app would go android. I will never use an iphone again after knowing how much the phone cannot do because apple won't let it.

But I'm rooted on a Samsung Infuse and I have Disney Mobile Magic.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I have it now :) Yay

May sound like a stupid question, but would I actually be able to use this WDW or would I get ridiculous data roaming charges because my phone is from the UK?

Yep you are going to get ridiculous data roaming charges. Roaming data charges make roaming voice charges seem like a drop in the ocean!

kennygman

Mobile Magic isn't even a very good app. It's totally unusable outside a given park. When you are in the park the wait times are behind actual and the characters don't list all the available times. I had to clear cache to get them to load times and with ATT service I often couldn't get it to connect at all.

flavious27

When can we expect to get an android version of the wdw magic app? Android phones are selling at more than a 2:1 ratio compared to iphones.

G00fyDad

Mobile Magic isn't even a very good app. It's totally unusable outside a given park. When you are in the park the wait times are behind actual and the characters don't list all the available times. I had to clear cache to get them to load times and with ATT service I often couldn't get it to connect at all.

I can use mine, right now, clear out in Indiana. And I have never had any connectivity or "use" issues out of the app.

When can we expect to get an android version of the wdw magic app? Android phones are selling at more than a 2:1 ratio compared to iphones.

You have been able to use this app with Android for quite some time now. ;)

bhg469

I can use mine, right now, clear out in Indiana. And I have never had any connectivity or "use" issues out of the app.

You have been able to use this app with Android for quite some time now. ;)

The Disney application is available to androids. The wdwmagic.com application is not.

G00fyDad

The Disney application is available to androids. The wdwmagic.com application is not.

LOL DUH!! Thanks for straightening that out. LOL I have been working on an essay for 4 days now, and my brain hurts. I didn't pay enough attention. Thanks. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom