MNSSHP tickets selling out?

RickP330

Hello all,
We have a trip planned in October. I see the MNSSHP tickets are available for purchase right now. For obvious reasons I would like to hold off on committing to purchases right now as long as possible. I know ticketed events sell out fast though and I don't want to miss out. here is the question:

If all were "normal" how quickly - if at all - would the MNSSHP sell out? Do I need to grab these tickets right now or can I afford to wait?

Speculation is welcome LOL.
Much Thanks
RickP

belledream

I think it depends on the date. October 31st and the November 1st usually sell out weeks in advance for sure. If you do a search, there are sites that show you historical data on actual dates - that may help you in your decision!

Editing to add: under normal circumstances, no, you don’t need to buy months in advance, as many other dates don’t sell out until a few days before or day of. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
I think it depends on the date. October 31st and the November 1st usually sell out weeks in advance for sure. If you do a search, there are sites that show you historical data on actual dates - that may help you in your decision!

Editing to add: under normal circumstances, no, you don’t need to buy months in advance, as many other dates don’t sell out until a few days before or day of. :)
Great thank you! What a great Idea. Yes, we are going mid October and Historically they have sold out at most a few days before. so I am going to roll the dice and wait! Much Thanks!
RP

Upvote 0

Herdman

Great thank you! What a great Idea. Yes, we are going mid October and Historically they have sold out at most a few days before. so I am going to roll the dice and wait! Much Thanks!
RP
I think the one wild card that throws this year off is the number of people that may reschedule their cancelled trips for October in hopes the parks will be much more operational than now. That's what we have done for our May cancelled trip. I got party tickets for fear of that happening more this year than most.

Upvote 0

MissViv

And they could still be limiting park admittance so they would also limit the MNSSHP. I am in the same boat, so to speak, as I am going solo the week of Halloween but leaving before the 31st and tickets are still available to my dates.

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
Yes this year is going to be tricky, but we have no idea what is really going to happen. We can assume the park admittances will be limited and this may reduce the number of tickets available. There is just nothing historically to go by to make a judgment. All in all we are going for the FW so if we get the MNSSHP then it's just icing on the cake. Right now we would rather not lay out the money so I'll just roll the dice...

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

This list was copied from another site. As you can see the date of Oct 31st is the most popular one and sells out further in advance.

In 2019 the dates that sold out were:
September 22 (sold out on Sept. 22)
September 27 (sold out on Sept. 24)
September 29 (sold out on Sept. 25)
October 1 (sold out on Oct. 1)
October 8 (sold out on Oct. 7)
October 10 (sold out on Oct. 8)
October 11 (sold out on Oct. 8)
October 14 (sold out on Oct. 13)
October 17 (sold out on Oct. 17)
October 24 (sold out on Oct. 19)
October 25 (sold out on Oct. 24)
October 31 (sold out on Oct. 8)
November 1 (sold out on Oct. 30)

In 2018, the dates that sold out were:
August 17, 2018 (sold out on Aug. 17)
September 14, 2018 (sold out on Sept. 14)
October 4, 2018 (sold out on Oct. 4)
October 30, 2018 (sold out on Oct. 29)
October 31, 2018 (sold out on Oct. 12)

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
This list was copied from another site. As you can see the date of Oct 31st is the most popular one and sells out further in advance.
That's what I saw as well. Curious though whenever we went to a ticketed event such as Moonlight Magic, they were sold out within an hour of opening reservations, but that is a free event. I'll be attending in mid October, so if that precedent holds there should be no problems waiting till the month prior.....
RP

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

You should be fine with mid Oct especially if the guest numbers are showing a drop because of continued caronavirus fear. Anything advertised as a free ticketed event will get slammed. Disneys MNSSHP popularity and special events continue to please so they still draw a good sizable crowd. An event night closer to Halloween night would be critical to book earlier, lots of locals show up.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

We grabbed opening night in august, and they told us this one usually sells out, because of castmembers going, however fingers still crossed that this one happens.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom