MNSSHP - going without kids...help!

TikiBeckie

Original Poster
Hi!

Is there anyone else going as a couple, and not with kids? My DH and I are not bringing costumes, we are just going to wear Halloween shirts and such, will we be the only ones not wearing a costume?? Also, do the CM's look at you weird for trick or treating without having kids? DH and I love candy and want some! Thanks!

PuckEars

We are going to MNSSHP on the 17th and have been twice before, and we don't have any kids. We always have a blast! We don't really dress up, if we do it is usually a festive hat or shirt.

Have a great time.

23 Days until Disney!!!:sohappy:

barrie

No worries! When I went it was with 4 of my work friends. We didn't have costumes. We had a great time. We got treated like everyone else - received lots of candy, got lots of attention from the characters, had a fabulous time doing everything. I wish I could go again this year. Have fun! Barrie

jjgoo

My wife (or at least she will be by then) and I are going on Oct. 24th. No kids yet (whew!:lol: ).

We are dressing up, but really simply. I'm sure you won't be the only ones not wearing costumes. If you feel "naked" you can always go have your face painted! All the reports I have read and people I have spoken to who have gone said it is a blast with or without kids. Eveyrbody is encouraged to trick-or-treat and have a general good time.

Have fun!

shoppingnut

I have gone with a group of my friends and while we don't dress up, we do put on some festive t-shirts, hats, earrings, etc. Basically just accessorizing the halloween t-shirt. I have never felt uncomfortable, after all I go to MK during the day when people are there with the kids, it's sort of the same thing. Go and just have fun.

KnK

Just got back on Monday. We went on Friday, September 15. We have no kids and did not dress up. We had a BLAST! First time we were able to enjoy the party. We brought home about 5 pounds of candy! We really hope they offer this early again next year.

diddy_mouse

My DH and I went during our honeymoon and had a wonderful time! I hit just about every candy trail there was that night. DH got a good laugh outta that. We didn't dress up, though we said we might so something simple the next time we go.

Have a great time!! :wave:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
The DW and I went on the 15th and we only had one experience where the kids got attention over us. We were in the candy line and the guy handing it out pretended like we were invisible. Finally, a guy with a kid said "they've been waiting" and pointed to us. The CM's response was, "Princesses first" meaning the kids. Whatever. Everyone else was super nice. I wore a "I'm with creepy" t-shirt and that was a big hit. All the CMs were asking where creepy was. I enjoyed pointing to the DW and saying, "there she is". ;>

Dj Corona

**Points up at jvrabel's post**...Yeah, at last year's party, I had a couple of CM's rag on me for not having a costume on, and one night, when I wore a shirt with that had the Bacardi rum bat logo on it, one CM decided to lecture me on the fact the park doesn't carry alcohol. :rolleyes: Other then things like that, we have a blast, everyone else is usually friendly, and a good time is had by all.

Uponastar

My husband and I are in our 50s and have been to MNSSHP 3 times! We didn't wear costumes, just Halloween shirts, or something orange. We most certainly were not the only uncostumed couple! There were plenty of people just like us and we were free to enjoy everything, including the trick-or-treat stations.
We always have a great time at the party and look forward to going again!
Have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom