MNSSHP Costume Ideas

allymonkey

Going down in September for a short trip so we can take our son to MNSSHP. We've been trying to come up with costume ideas that are A) appropriate to Florida weather in September and B) can be made mostly of things we already have with a few extra items purchased to finish it off.

Since my son is now tall enough to ride BTMR BUT is really disappointed that it will be closed while we are there we want to be BTMR cast members. If memory serves me correctly they wear khaki pants/ shorts and denim blue shirts but I can't find any good pictures online to confirm. Does anyone have recent pictures of the BTMR cast members so we can create something similar?

Thanks your all your help!

allymonkey

Original Poster
I don't know what you did different but the dozen or more times that I tried to google things like "Thunder mountain cast member" or "Thunder Mountain Railroad costume" I only got back pictures of the ride itself.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Going down in September for a short trip so we can take our son to MNSSHP. We've been trying to come up with costume ideas that are A) appropriate to Florida weather in September and B) can be made mostly of things we already have with a few extra items purchased to finish it off.

Since my son is now tall enough to ride BTMR BUT is really disappointed that it will be closed while we are there we want to be BTMR cast members. If memory serves me correctly they wear khaki pants/ shorts and denim blue shirts but I can't find any good pictures online to confirm. Does anyone have recent pictures of the BTMR cast members so we can create something similar?

They're not going to let you in if your costumes look too much like the official outfits worn by the CMs.

Upvote 0

allymonkey

Original Poster
I doubt we will get anywhere close enough to resembling real cast member costumes for security to think we shouldn't be allowed in the park. Our "costumes " will be cargo shorts and light blue button-down shirts. And I can't wear any shoes except Nikes when walking around the parks so boots are out for me. If anything we will just look like overly matchy matchy Tourists. But my four year old will think he's dressed like someone on BTMR and that's all that matters.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

My family is all planning to be Mickey Mouse with some variation of this costume:
image.jpeg

DS will have yellow crocs and I still have to see the white buttons onto his shorts.

Upvote 0

MissMaryEli

I am going as Kevin from Up (blue shirt, blue shirts and a colorful tutu) and my husband is going as Russell (khaki shorts, yellow shirt and a backpack.) Easy peasy.

Upvote 0

MegRuss626

My favorite idea I saw when researching two years ago was everyone in the party wearing white shirts with a stripe of color across the middle....they were the different colored monorails!

Upvote 0

Sans Souci

I am on the fence about going. I was thinking of going Sept. 16th and I am going on a DCL cruise on the 19th. There is a Halloween contest on my sailing. I am thinking of doing something easy to pack and pun-ny, but not Disney and getting double duty out of my costume. Hmmm...

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

If you get too close to the actual CM's outfits or any characters, you'll be asked to make sure that you tell people you are NOT a CM. We saw a couple 2 years ago that were BETTER a Jack and Sally than the ones that were actually meeting people. So it does happen, it's a Cosplay dream at that point. Disney CM's will approach you and explain how to handle yourself accordingly (since people will think you're a free roaming character, when, in fact, you're just a party guest).

I did an Indiana Jones costume. Florida adaptation, khaki shorts, a tan button up fishing shirt and I had to buy an Indy hat. Other than that, that was my costume. Super cool, it for the party and I didn't look close enough to anything to gain attention.

Upvote 0

Disneykings

We're going as Nightmare before Christmas theme. My daughter as Sally in dress and wig while Mum & Dad are just wearing black & white themed t-shirts. Cant wait :D

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We are going as Up! My husband as Mr. Fredrickson, we only needed to buy the bowtie, my 2 year old son will be Russell and i'm going as Kevin! I bought a tutu and hair bow from Etsy. For Russell, I have a yellow onsie and khaki shorts so just had to buy the rest on Etsy. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom