MNSSHP and Costumes

kybred72

OK so it'll be a piece of cake to dress up our daughter for the party but what can we, the parents, dress up as that can be easily packed and transported in our luggage? :shrug:

What's your costume???? :)

poohbear6103

My husband and I went a few years ago. Mine was not Disney related but it sure was cheap and easy to pack. I wore a while t-shirt and white shorts and then bought a white angel headband with a halo from Walgreens, even came with an angel-type wand. Then I went to the fabric store and bought some red felt, stuffed it with some craft fluff and made a long devils tail (with a point at the end and everything) that I pinned to the back of my shorts. You couldn't see until I turned around. I at least got a kick out of it :) My husband dressed up like a pilot and had a pair of old Eastern airlines wings on his shirt which he said was a silent tribute to If You Had Wings. I doubt anyone got it, but what can I say, it made the guy happy!
Not sure what to do this year. We are going on Sept 14th (I think the first night it opens). Hopefully I will be in a Halloween mood even though it won't even be October!

Upvote 0

Brett

My girlfriend and I made a last minute trip for the Halloween party last year and decided to go themed to our favorite ride. Thus we were "Brer Brett" and "Brer Holly".

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

We're going as the Mad Hatter and Alice in Wonderland....I'm going to design and sew the costumes (which means I better get started---we're looking at going in sept. too!)

We had a list going:
a turkey leg and a dole whip
hitchiking ghosts
The Partners Statue
Brer Bear Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit
Small World Dolls
two of the singers from Festival of the Lion King

etc etc...... hopefully something will peak your interest!

Upvote 0

kybred72

Original Poster
Good evening all!! I am so happy to see others excited about dressing up for MNSSHP:sohappy: This will be our second time and we can't wait. Last year we were all storybook ladies. DD, 17, was Little Red Riding Hood. DD, 13, was Sleeping Beauty, DD,6, was Cinderella. I was a Mardi Gras lady. This year we took it up a notch:cool: We will be characters from Alice in Wonderland. Youngest will be Alice, the two older are the Queen of Hearts and The Mad Hatter. I will be the white rabbitt. Still trying to figure that one out:lol: Anyone else going to MNSSHP on Sept. 28th?

YES! That's the date we'll be at the party. See you there. :wave: Don't know what we'll be though...

Upvote 0

Mystic

what is MNSSHP?

It's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It's a separate ticket event where you get to see a special parade and fireworks and go trick or treating in the MK after dark.

I'm going for the first time this year on Oct 16th. I ordered my costume off e-bay. I'm going as Cinderella and my girlfriend is going as Belle (yellow ball gown) and we're both over twenty.

Upvote 0

SallyfromDE

47b7d822b3127cce8502f8df2f1000000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

This was from a few years ago. I made my sister and family costumes. It's hard to see from this, but my sister is the Magic Carpet and was a huge hit at the party. People were running up to her from everywhere. The "real" Aladdin and Jasmine LOVED it!!

Upvote 0

mamasitta6

YES! That's the date we'll be at the party. See you there. :wave: Don't know what we'll be though...
Awesome!! Let us know when you pick out what your going to dress up as!!:wave: Ebay is my friend as well. That is where I bought my daughters costumes. I am in no way talented enough to make ours. :cool: Those of you that do I admire you:sohappy: Are you going to dress up then go to eat?? We were running behind last year so we were unable to get anything before. This year I made ADR at The Plaza for 5:30. LOL, what fun to go in all gussied up:animwink: Though I may have a hard time with the whole fluffy tail thing:lol: Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!! Sharon :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom