MM+ Feedback from Recent Stay

StarWarsGirl

This is the error, if you hadn't seen it.

I've seen it all to many times...and, when all I have to do is say "Did you see Donald" to someone whom has used MDE and they know EXACTLY what I'm talking about (or in this case..."Ah, Donald."...that says something.

Anyhow, here is the error...

FPDonaldError.jpg
No, I've seen it. I wanted to know if the poster looked like angry Donald upon seeing it. ;)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Everyone's experiences are different, and from what I have read, there is more good than bad to the overall reception of MM+. There is definitely question about the amount of money that Disney has pumped into this system for what seems (as of right now) minimal benefit (again your perceptions of these benefits is completely subjective). What a lot of people fail to realize is that this is MM+ 1.0. How often has Microsoft come out with a new version of Windows and have it go off without a hitch??

I am glad to hear you had a positive experience with it.

The difference with Windows is at least you could wait for the first SP before installing it on your system...

Glad to hear MM worked for you

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The difference with Windows is at least you could wait for the first SP before installing it on your system...

Glad to hear MM worked for you
A better analogy is Apple, since MM+ is a controlled environment. Hence all the more reason why there should not be hiccups of the sort that have been observed.

Windows installs are not...millions of different hardware configurations, millions of software programs...and very few of them controlled by MS directly.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
A better analogy is Apple, since MM+ is a controlled environment. Hence all the more reason why there should not be hiccups of the sort that have been observed.

Windows installs are not...millions of different hardware configurations, millions of software programs...and very few of them controlled by MS directly.

Agree,

I did not want to call down the wrath of the "MacTribesmen" on my head for comparing current incarnation of MM with Apple ecosystem.

10 points to anyone who gets the MacTribesmen reference

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This is the error, if you hadn't seen it.

I've seen it all to many times...and, when all I have to do is say "Did you see Donald" to someone whom has used MDE and they know EXACTLY what I'm talking about (or in this case..."Ah, Donald."...that says something.

Anyhow, here is the error...

FPDonaldError.jpg

Disney's "Sorry" page makes issue worse because of all the graphics involved causes further loading of the network, I can see using a character but a confused Donald face and a couple of lines of text would generate far less load on servers.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Disney's "Sorry" page makes issue worse because of all the graphics involved causes further loading of the network, I can see using a character but a confused Donald face and a couple of lines of text would generate far less load on servers.
I suspect graphic designers did the UI, management "designed" the DB by committee and IT was left to catch all the blame and pick up the pieces.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I suspect graphic designers did the UI, management "designed" the DB by committee and IT was left to catch all the blame and pick up the pieces.

Yep the usual story for the problems I go in and fix.

In another life when I was a senior analyst/programmer we used CTOS to develop systems and we had 486 systems to develop and compile on, However we used '186 systems to TEST we used the slowest client system we had so if response time was acceptable on this system it would work on any system with more capability.

In the early days of Java when i was working on Gov't systems the devo's had come up with a 10Mb Jar application for our field workers. Needed to show them that over a modem link this app would take a VERY long time to load. They kept arguing how it loaded fast in the office. Finally broke out the Network General Sniffer and showed them the delta time between first packet and last packet over a modem vs ethernet.

Result: app was redesigned

Lesson here is you need to know the physical constraints of your systems and data links.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yep the usual story for the problems I go in and fix.

In another life when I was a senior analyst/programmer we used CTOS to develop systems and we had 486 systems to develop and compile on, However we used '186 systems to TEST we used the slowest client system we had so if response time was acceptable on this system it would work on any system with more capability.

In the early days of Java when i was working on Gov't systems the devo's had come up with a 10Mb Jar application for our field workers. Needed to show them that over a modem link this app would take a VERY long time to load. They kept arguing how it loaded fast in the office. Finally broke out the Network General Sniffer and showed them the delta time between first packet and last packet over a modem vs ethernet.

Result: app was redesigned

Lesson here is you need to know the physical constraints of your systems and data links.
When I worked for the government I was the client systems admin for a rather large site...and leadership could never understand why I wanted to keep a spare model of each of our common client systems in my test lab...

:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom