MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Dad 2 M & M

MLB would be wise to expand the concept of the Speedway Series and let Tampa travel until stadium is ready. MLB is really hurting for attendance and would sacrifice the Rays if need be....I like Raleigh in play or for an assist

Dad 2 M & M

The only reason it MIGHT get fixed at all is because the city owns the stadium, not that joke of an owner.
Yes

Many Major Sports Teams (NFL/MLB, etc…) have a silent partnership with the city they play….

That’s why some franchises are valued so high and others are not.

Dallas Cowboys are always near the top of the most valuable franchises list, and MOST of the reason is they own the JerryWorld Stadium and it is factored in the value….The Atlanta Falcons do not own the Mercedes Stadium as it is owned by the World Congress Center (silent partner city of Atlanta), and thus their value it near the bottom (as is their usual performance)

Lilofan

The Rays average 17,000 people at their games in large part because Tampa people won't cross the bridge. USF hold 3,200 people. Maybe know some facts before you try to insult the fan base.
That's a lonely place to play a home game. My buddies buy the cheapest seats and move to sit near the first base line.

LSLS

That's a lonely place to play a home game. My buddies buy the cheapest seats and move to sit near the first base line.
Which refutes absolutely nothing I said. Current Rays Could sell out USF 5 times over. I'm not going to totally fault the fan base for not feeling a deep connection to a team that plays in a hockey stadium with an owner that ensures you never keep a superstar player more than like 4 years. I will fault them for being scared to cross the bridge to go to a game though.

Lilofan

Which refutes absolutely nothing I said. Current Rays Could sell out USF 5 times over. I'm not going to totally fault the fan base for not feeling a deep connection to a team that plays in a hockey stadium with an owner that ensures you never keep a superstar player more than like 4 years. I will fault them for being scared to cross the bridge to go to a game though.
I've never heard that reasoning " scared to cross the bridge ".

LSLS

I've never heard that reasoning " scared to cross the bridge ".
Tongue in cheek, but a big issue they have is people in Tampa will not go to St. Pete for games like St. Pete people go to Tampa.

At any rate, something to keep an eye on (especially with this board) is there is a real argument the most sense could be Wide World of Sports.

Lilofan

Tongue in cheek, but a big issue they have is people in Tampa will not go to St. Pete for games like St. Pete people go to Tampa.

At any rate, something to keep an eye on (especially with this board) is there is a real argument the most sense could be Wide World of Sports.
That's ridiculous reasoning from locals but oh, well...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom