MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

SteveBrickNJ

It was a rough one, for us. Our turn to take a beating. With the state of our starting rotation it is going to happen. Newcomb got himself optioned to the....training site, camp, or whatever we are calling the AAA equivalent during the COVID season. He has flashes of really good stuff. Not consistent though. Did not help that our bats were pretty much silent until the 9th.

Your boys hit a couple of bombs! The kind that when you are watching at home you say "gone" as soon as contact is made. No doubters.
Our problem that became very evident in the 9th inning is a lack of quality guys in the bullpen. It is not every night that a team can score 13 runs. If the Phillies enter the 9th inning in the future leading 5 to 2...I will not feel confident at all.

MattC

Our problem that became very evident in the 9th inning is a lack of quality guys in the bullpen. It is not every night that a team can score 13 runs. If the Phillies enter the 9th inning in the future leading 5 to 2...I will not feel confident at all.
Baseball is funny. When our starting rotation was good, pen stunk. Now we have the opposite problem. ugh

Dad 2 M & M

And we can't leave out @Dad 2 M & M , though I think his expertise lies more heavily with the Falcons.
Braves Country is large. :)
Braves country is large for sure especially in the Carolinas......

I'm still not over Maddux NEVER showing in the Postseason, as he was supposed to be the final piece and replaced Leibrandt in the rotation.

Still take in a game or two every year, but only when I have clients in town.

Ever been to another ball park? What is your take comparing that experience to one in Marietta?

InnKpr

Ever been to another ball park? What is your take comparing that experience to one in Marietta?
Turner Field and the old Fulton Co. Stadium many times collectively.
Wrigley Field once.
Tropicana Field once.

Surprisingly haven't been down to SunTrust (or as it's called now, and I hate the name: "Truist" :rolleyes: Park.)
I've heard it's the best of the Atl bunch on property, but one of the most difficult driving to/from.

Dad 2 M & M

Turner Field and the old Fulton Co. Stadium many times collectively.
Wrigley Field once.
Tropicana Field once.

Surprisingly haven't been down to SunTrust (or as it's called now, and I hate the name: "Truist" :rolleyes: Park.)
I've heard it's the best of the Atl bunch on property, but one of the most difficult driving to/from.
Driving there isn't as bad as the stories, but the surrounding area is meant to keep you there to spend money. The biggest bummer is the concrete campus vs the surrounding area at Fulton County Stadium.

MattC

Braves country is large for sure especially in the Carolinas......

I'm still not over Maddux NEVER showing in the Postseason, as he was supposed to be the final piece and replaced Leibrandt in the rotation.

Still take in a game or two every year, but only when I have clients in town.

I’ve been to Fulton County. But I was pretty young. About all I remember is Nixon making a grab over the wall.
Turner field a couple of times as a teen. That was the first time my parents sprung for non-nosebleed seats lol. Could actually see the ball from pitcher to catcher.
Then a long break of no in person games. The wife and I have been to Suntrust (way better name than Truist) a few times now and we love it. The park is beautiful and easy to spend the afternoon around and in waiting for an evening game. We miss it.

Dad 2 M & M

I’ve been to Fulton County. But I was pretty young. About all I remember is Nixon making a grab over the wall.
Turner field a couple of times as a teen. That was the first time my parents sprung for non-nosebleed seats lol. Could actually see the ball from pitcher to catcher.
Then a long break of no in person games. The wife and I have been to Suntrust (way better name than Truist) a few times now and we love it. The park is beautiful and easy to spend the afternoon around and in waiting for an evening game. We miss it.
The Truist area is a place you can spend a day as well as a great place after games. The parking there is not as bad as many think.....

MattC

The Truist area is a place you can spend a day as well as a great place after games. The parking there is not as bad as many think.....
Agreed. We have always been able to get in and out in good time. Maybe we hit it right. We also feel like Red Zone right next to the park is well worth the....$20? Something close to that. Can get from your car to seat in no time.

Tony Perkis

Weird. Marlins home opener.

DB5CAB59-3765-4C02-A48F-21B728C7325A.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom