MLB 2017 Season Discussion

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Holy horse hockey! Another one! This more than makes up for not sweeping the Cubbies last night.

DisneyFreak

RIP Cubs. Oh well. Dodgers played better and Cubs got theirs last year. 3 consecutive trips to the NLCS is no easy feat.

Plus the majority of their lineup is still 25 years old or younger. They need another SP or two to replace Arrieta and Lackey plus some bullpen help. This team will be around the playoffs and WS for some time to come.

disneygeek90

Plus the majority of their lineup is still 25 years old or younger. They need another SP or two to replace Arrieta and Lackey plus some bullpen help. This team will be around the playoffs and WS for some time to come.
Lots. Lots of bullpen help. I knew it had struggled in the regular season but boy was that painfully obvious in the Post. Aside from Davis I felt they had no good, reliable option. Even Edwards Jr. who was probably the #2 all season crumbled against the Nats.

But I agree, the core is solid and young and should be able to compete in deep playoff runs for quite some time.

LAKid53

Premium Member
What's the best part of this season and post season - besides our 1st WS appearance in 29 years? That the team is now more than just Puig and Kershaw. A team, not a bunch of stars. Dare I say they remind of the Dodgers I grew up with?

Puig cracks me up with his antics. Nice to see him, and the team, so relaxed.

Bring on the Yankees. That's the WS matchup we want.

LAKid53

Premium Member
They only have 2 consecutive currently ;) Unless you were referring to something else.

The difficulty of consecutive trips to the NLCS. From a team that's headed to its first WS since 1988.

In spite of being ranked 2nd (12) in most appearances since 1969, we've never achieved 3 in a row. That puts the Cubs up there with the Phillies and Pirates. The Cards (#1) have 4 consecutive appearances 2011 - 2014. Y'all are in pretty good company. We're planning on 2018 putting us in the 3 in a row club....and tying with St. Louis for most appearances.

And we ALL know which team's record we're chasing. Yeah, those 27 rings....

disneygeek90

The difficulty of consecutive trips to the NLCS. From a team that's headed to its first WS since 1988.

In spite of being ranked 2nd (12) in most appearances since 1969, we've never achieved 3 in a row. That puts the Cubs up there with the Phillies and Pirates. The Cards (#1) have 4 consecutive appearances 2011 - 2014. Y'all are in pretty good company. We're planning on 2018 putting us in the 3 in a row club....and tying with St. Louis for most appearances.

I'm hoping my Yanks can get a big win tonight. No one has given them a legit chance all year and these past 7 games have been incredibly exciting to watch.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm hoping my Yanks can get a big win tonight. No one has given them a legit chance all year and these past 7 games have been incredibly exciting to watch.

I'm pulling for the Yanks too. Always the best WS rivalries. Will be tense in my house with my Yankees loving daughter. But as she remarked last night - one of us will be happy November 1st.

Lucky

No one will ever catch up to the Yankees' 27 championships. Cards are next at 11, A's 9, Giants and Red Sox 8, and Dodgers 6. Cubs are way back at 3. Of the non-expansion teams the Phils and Indians at 2 have the fewest. The Cubs at least escaped that category last year.

disneygeek90

I'm pulling for the Yanks too. Always the best WS rivalries. Will be tense in my house with my Yankees loving daughter. But as she remarked last night - one of us will be happy November 1st.
That's why I was pulling for the Cubs. Dad is a Cubs fan and mom is a Yankee fan so I grew up watching and cheering for both. Cubs/Yanks would have been amazing for my family lol I honestly don't think I would have cared who won. But Dodgers earned it and my focus now is getting through the Astros.

LAKid53

Premium Member
No one will ever catch up to the Yankees' 27 championships. Cards are next at 11, A's 9, Giants and Red Sox 8, and Dodgers 6. Cubs are way back at 3. Of the non-expansion teams the Phils and Indians at 2 have the fewest. The Cubs at least escaped that category last year.

But we can all dream, right? :D

DisneyDoctor

Bullpen help. Boy is it frustrating seeing a reliever walk a pitcher to bring a run in. I'm looking at you Edwards! Their bullpen is so unreliable it's unreal. It's amazing they made it to the NLCS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom