MKT's WDW Photo Update 6/September/04 - Everest, Stitch, and more!

Chernabog

Thanks for the pics MKT. I was wondering how the parks looked. I also love the ghosts of florida thing. Changing subjects slighty, Thanks for the Xanadu pics TimeTrip. I've been wondering for years what the inside of that place looked like. I wonder how much they're selling for and how much it would cost to get something like that back to a livable condition. You've made my day! :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks for the pics.

ok, dont laugh, but wasnt xanadu a 70's song or band or something? (im only 28 so the only thing i remember is as far as '80. well, i do remember the big tonka trucks i got for my 3rd birthday)

wow, the loop coming out of the mtn. on EE looks really cool. looks like it is going to make my stomach touch my throat. yeh!!!

WDWScottieBoy

Thanks for the pics MKT. I haven't seen some updated EE pics for a while so it's nice seeing how far along it is. Also, glad to know there's not THAT much damage in the area from this one.

Atta83

Ahh seeing those pics of Xanadu were great. I remember going to that place when I went to Disney for the first time, wow that brought back some memories. Its a shame how it looks today :(.

TimeTrip

jmaxwell007 said:
thanks for the pics.

ok, dont laugh, but wasnt xanadu a 70's song or band or something? (im only 28 so the only thing i remember is as far as '80. well, i do remember the big tonka trucks i got for my 3rd birthday)

Xanadu was a flop of a movie starring Olivia Newton-John in 1980. And yes, it had its own title track called Xanadu. About the coolest part of the movie is when they're skating around in this weird roller arena with trees and what-not. I suppose the don bluth animated sequence was also pretty neat, considering the time it was released.

That xanadu home was pretty impressive to a kid, because it was to me, but after reading up on it, it really was not the ideal place to live ;)

Atta83

Hmm you would think the word Xanadu was popular or something ...LOL I mean it had its own movie..a house..a title track...what else was there.....LOL

netenyahoo

I also like the idea of a book or something with info and pictures of old closed amusment parks. There are so many of them across the country. That Xanadu place is kind of interesting.

Nice pictures! The sunset pictures were purty. Is that the new baby elephant out on the savannah? EE looks great too.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
TimeTrip said:
Xanadu was a flop of a movie starring Olivia Newton-John in 1980. And yes, it had its own title track called Xanadu. About the coolest part of the movie is when they're skating around in this weird roller arena with trees and what-not. I suppose the don bluth animated sequence was also pretty neat, considering the time it was released.

wow, ok, i remember that now. i was thinking cher sang a song called "Xanadu", but now that you mention Olivia, it has all come back now. dont remember the movie to much, but i think my sister had the LP of that song.

thanks for the info............. what does Xanadu mean? any special definition. my websters is missing. lol

Lee

Adventurer
If I remember correctly, from way back in sophmore English Lit, the name Xanadu comes from a poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

I think it started something like:
"In Xanadu did Kubla Kahn
a stately pleasure dome decree.
Where Alf the sacred river ran
through caverns measureless to man."

File that under totally useless information.

WDWFanatic

last time I went past xanadu it was for sale. That was some time ago, its not exactly prime real estate anymore since that isnt the main drag into all the florida attractions like it once was. Boardwalk and baseball and circus circus were the same place werent they? I thought one just took over the other. Its been to long.

barnum42

WDWFanatic said:
last time I went past xanadu it was for sale. That was some time ago, its not exactly prime real estate anymore since that isnt the main drag into all the florida attractions like it once was. Boardwalk and baseball and circus circus were the same place werent they? I thought one just took over the other. Its been to long.
Nope - they were on US27. I found this on Google:

http://www.lostparks.com/cwld.html

It's a website of lost Floridian tourist attraction.

Fido

Lee said:
If I remember correctly, from way back in sophmore English Lit, the name Xanadu comes from a poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

I think it started something like:
"In Xanadu did Kubla Kahn
a stately pleasure dome decree.
Where Alf the sacred river ran
through caverns measureless to man."

File that under totally useless information.

The rock band Rush also released a song called Xanadu based off of that poem (from the 'A Farewell to Kings' album).
:cool:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
reading through the list... wow. I miss some of them. Terror on Church Street in particular. Scariest ish ever... I was 12 when I went, had to be accompanied by an adult. I did not sleep for the next few days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom