MK, wow.. you amaze me

Skibum1970

Bone chilling cold, remember most of us don't have heavy clothes. Naked apes are we.

I think that our high tomorrow is 5 degrees. Fahrenheit. That is fairly cold and will result in my hiding out inside. The funny thing is that my sister moved to Naples, FL around 1991 and, when she visits (always seems to happen in November), she freezes if it is below 60 degrees. For myself, I am a little envious of 59 degrees as I would be able to feel my toes again (I'm a big wimp with the cold even though I've always lived in this area).

Bender123

I think that our high tomorrow is 5 degrees. Fahrenheit. That is fairly cold and will result in my hiding out inside. The funny thing is that my sister moved to Naples, FL around 1991 and, when she visits (always seems to happen in November), she freezes if it is below 60 degrees. For myself, I am a little envious of 59 degrees as I would be able to feel my toes again (I'm a big wimp with the cold even though I've always lived in this area).

Lows of about -30 in Wisconsin tonight and tomorrow...Ill take 5 degrees...Then its supposed to be near 50 on Saturday. That's a nearly 80 degree swing in three days. Like imagine being at WDW and its 90 on Monday and 10 on Wednesday. That's how crazy this week is in Wisconsin.

po1998

Nothing scares away the crowds like cold, wet weather.

I'm sure though for many in the North East being at WDW with 50 degree weather sounds great right about now!

Being from the Great Lakes region(WNY), let me say arriving at WDW to rain and 50 would feel good for about two minutes, and then it would feel damp and cool....and downright miserable.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's all a matter of perspective. 58F in January in Florida is quite cold for Floridians - If not for the wind in Orlando last Saturday, I would have been in a t-shirt and jeans, but due to the wind I donned a light jacket. :) It's going to be -28F and -32F in Minneapolis tonight and tomorrow night, so to me that 58F was pretty warm.

I was at EPCOT Center one December many, many years ago (1985, maybe?) when I think the high temp was 49F, and it was very windy. We weren't prepared for that kind of weather, and it was a miserable day, relatively speaking.

DznyRktekt

It's all a matter of perspective. 58F in January in Florida is quite cold for Floridians - If not for the wind in Orlando last Saturday, I would have been in a t-shirt and jeans, but due to the wind I donned a light jacket. :) It's going to be -28F and -32F in Minneapolis tonight and tomorrow night, so to me that 58F was pretty warm.

I was at EPCOT Center one December many, many years ago (1985, maybe?) when I think the high temp was 49F, and it was very windy. We weren't prepared for that kind of weather, and it was a miserable day, relatively speaking.
We were there December of 1985 as well, and I remember my parents buying hoodies and stocking caps for the family at the Centorium. We visited from Minnesota and left our cold weather attire at home. Silly us. I also recall talk of the orange crop freezing that week.

JoeCamel

It is cold in Florida. Yeah it's all relative but those people dealing with -20 and below relay need to understand that there are warmer places to live. 1000 a day decide Florida is that place. I did the snow and now I wouldn't, I have that choice. Just because you are colder than me does not mean I am a wimp, come on down and I will run you around the world in 95/95 conditions. Any way you slice it we all don't like the weather and no one is a hero putting up with the extremes. More extreme in some places but we all choose to stay or not.

cinderellafan6

We were there on Sat. It was crazy busy. Took us 32 min to get on Big Thunder with a fastpass. We were staying at the Poly and tried to get on the monorail to go back to the room before the fireworks. Waited over a half hour and didn't move. Took the boat instead. It was a crazy cold night for us as were are south Floridians lolol

PortOrleans

Power outage on the Monorail beam tonight.. half sections of Monorails not being even loaded, silly amount of backup waiting to get out of there.
Showing it's age.. for sure.

It makes me more frustrated seeing other parks having functional and maintained monorails. For instance, here's a monorail at Tokyo Disneyland

1548888997551.png

And here's the interior of it (This one's themed to Duffy):

1548889285390.png

Makes you wonder why things can't be improved across the pond..

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It makes me more frustrated seeing other parks having functional and maintained monorails. For instance, here's a monorail at Tokyo Disneyland

View attachment 346072

View attachment 346074

View attachment 346072

View attachment 346074

You don't need to spend money on your cash cow if hundreds of thousands of people are still throwing their life savings and children's inheritances at it annually.

seascape

You don't need to spend money on your cash cow if hundreds of thousands of people are still throwing their life savings and children's inheritances at it annually.
No one has the right to an inheritance. I told my parents to spend everything to be happy and not skimp and sacrifice for me. I was happy they raised me and provided me with a great education. I didn't need them to sacrifice anymore.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
No one has the right to an inheritance. I told my parents to spend everything to be happy and not skimp and sacrifice for me. I was happy they raised me and provided me with a great education. I didn't need them to sacrifice anymore.

Pretty sure I didn't say that they did. Let me restate though.

You don't need to spend money on your cash cow if hundreds of thousands of people are still throwing their life / retirement savings at it annually.

Better? :hilarious:

seascape

Pretty sure I didn't say that they did. Let me restate though.

You don't need to spend money on your cash cow if hundreds of thousands of people are still throwing their life / retirement savings at it annually.

Better? :hilarious:
I agree people should only spend on luxuries such as vacations after paying for all necessities and saving for retirement. The fact that so many people in this country are stupid in finances is not my fault nor is it Disney's. However, there was a study of those who attend themeparks, all themepark not just Disney and Universal and found the vast majority were in the top 1/3 of incomes. Disney goes after the top 20%, so does Universal
Disney has never been for the top 50%.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom