MK Welcome Show

DizneyPryncess

It really is a great way to start your day! When I asked my kids their very favorite things about the trip from which we just returned, my 6-year-old daughter listed "the good morning song" (her way of describing the Welcome Show at the Magic Kingdom) as her favorite thing, ahead of her birthday dinner in Cinderella Castle! (Sigh. If I'd only known this ahead of time, I could have saved the $360 bucks...) ;)

Haha, that is precious!! That reminds me of right after Christmas, when my daughter had all these new toys. She took the box from our new dishwasher, made it a fort, and liked that the best. I thought....wow, we could've saved some money!

Mista C

Original Poster
So we did the Welcome Show on Monday the 19th. Got to the MK at about 8:40 and the entire area between the turnstiles and train station was packed solid. We got through the turnstiles and immediately stopped. The people behind us did not get through the turnstiles. Watched the show, which was great, and then made our way through the train station underpass. Hit another rope at the bridge to Adventureland for about 2-3 minutes. Once they dropped that rope, we walked straight to Splash. Walked right up to the loading area and got on. Crowds were very low from 9-10:30. Well worth it.

wogwog

More ropes are ready to put in place for the Mine Train I will bet. WDW seems to finally want to but an end to, or at least slow down, the unsafe running at the rope drop.

Disvillain63

They are using the ropes for all lands, because just using them to enter Fantasyland at the castle for the M&G would be pointless. There are too many guests who would know how to by-pass this part of Fantasyland and get to the M&G via other lands into Fantasyland. This plan was to make it as fair and safe as possible...safety being the priority due to the behavior of guests in recent years and their sense of entitlement.

Moedutton

Much to my husband's dismay, we went to the Welcome Show during EMH (6:45am) last year. If you asked him about it now, he will tell you it was well worth it. The look on our girls faces (4 and 6 at the time) was truly magical. My favorite picture ever!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom